Group A matches have finally come to closure and it has seen...
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
Saleh Gomaa: Fans will not accept losing the league again
Newly-appointed coach Jose Peseiro led the team to a second win in the league after beating Ghazl El-Mahalla 2-0.
“Our performance is much better now than our first game against Tala’a El-Gaish,” Gomaa pointed out to TEN TV channel.
“Fans won’t accept losing the league title again.”
He also added that the team is focusing on winning the next two matches to reach 12 points before players are called to join the national team.
“I have no problem sitting on the bench. Emad Meteb doesn’t have a problem sitting on the bench even though he’s Egypt’s number one striker,” he concluded.
Al Ahly are set to face Ahmed Hassan’s Petrojet on Sunday, in round three of the Egyptian Premier League.