Defending champions Zamalek have advanced to Egypt Cup quarter-final after beating second-tier...
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek advance to Egypt Cup quarters
- SQUASH: El-Shorbagy brothers to meet in Windy City quarter-finals
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
El-Gaish grab point in thrilling draw at Wadi Degla
Wadi Degla and Tala’a El-Gaish played out a thrilling 3-3 draw in their Monday night Egyptian Premier League fixture.
Matchday two’s final game featured fantastic performances by both sides, that led to a goal-packed draw.
Nigerian striker Stanley scored the first goal in the 12th minute, before teammate Dodo El-Gabas added the second from the penalty spot in the 47th minute to give Wadi Degla a two-goal cushion.
Former Zamalek player Ahmed Eid, halved the deficit and scored in the 68th minute, but Stanley popped up again to score his second goal of the night and the hosts’ third overall 71st minute to make it 3-1.
Nevertheless, El-Gaish refused to give up; they added their second goal in the 84th minute via an Ahmed Eid penalty, and with seconds remaining, forced a last minute own goal by Ahmed El-Esh to claim a valuable – and previously unlikely – point.