Roma grabbed a fantastic 3-1 away win over Inter Milan at the...
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
CAF extend Belaili doping ban to 8 years
The Confederation of African Football (CAF) have increased Youssef Belaili’s doping ban to 8 years.
The Football Federation of Algeria (FAF) later discovered that Belaili had apparently used synonymous substances in USM Alger’s league clash against CS Constantine, and stretched his domestic ban to 4 years accordingly.
Belaili was set to travel to Cairo and appeal against CAF’s disciplinary committee but decided against presenting himself. The continent’s governing football body then resorted to stretching the ban to a career-disrupting eight years.
The 23-year-old’s reaction to the brutal sanction remains to be seen.