Newly elected president of the Confederation of African Football Ahmad Ahmad announced his backing...
- CAF president Ahmad supports Morocco 2026 World Cup bid
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
CAF extend Belaili doping ban to 8 years
The Confederation of African Football (CAF) have increased Youssef Belaili’s doping ban to 8 years.
The Football Federation of Algeria (FAF) later discovered that Belaili had apparently used synonymous substances in USM Alger’s league clash against CS Constantine, and stretched his domestic ban to 4 years accordingly.
Belaili was set to travel to Cairo and appeal against CAF’s disciplinary committee but decided against presenting himself. The continent’s governing football body then resorted to stretching the ban to a career-disrupting eight years.
The 23-year-old’s reaction to the brutal sanction remains to be seen.