Egypt international Ahmed Hamoudi scored to help Al-Batin secure a 1-1 home...
- VIDEO: Hamoudi scores as Al Batin, Al-Qadisiyah share spoils
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
CAF extend Belaili doping ban to 8 years
The Confederation of African Football (CAF) have increased Youssef Belaili’s doping ban to 8 years.
The Football Federation of Algeria (FAF) later discovered that Belaili had apparently used synonymous substances in USM Alger’s league clash against CS Constantine, and stretched his domestic ban to 4 years accordingly.
Belaili was set to travel to Cairo and appeal against CAF’s disciplinary committee but decided against presenting himself. The continent’s governing football body then resorted to stretching the ban to a career-disrupting eight years.
The 23-year-old’s reaction to the brutal sanction remains to be seen.