In an intensive interview with France Football Magazine, Mohamed Salah reflected on...
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
- Salah speaks about youth, idols
- Mohamed Salah: “Our group is tough, but we are Egypt”
- Official: Egypt’s Ahmed Sayed ‘Zizo’ joins Nacional on loan from Lierse
- AFCON Roundup: Ivory Coast draw as Morocco beat Togo
- Egypt did not play badly against Mali, says coach Hector Cuper
- Egypt lose to Sweden, face Croatia in World Handball Championship last 16
- Avram Grant demands injured players’ replacement in AFCON
- Zamalek reject Torino’s offer for Mostafa Fathi
- Malang Diédhiou appointed as referee for Egypt-Uganda game
CAF extend Belaili doping ban to 8 years
The Confederation of African Football (CAF) have increased Youssef Belaili’s doping ban to 8 years.
The Football Federation of Algeria (FAF) later discovered that Belaili had apparently used synonymous substances in USM Alger’s league clash against CS Constantine, and stretched his domestic ban to 4 years accordingly.
Belaili was set to travel to Cairo and appeal against CAF’s disciplinary committee but decided against presenting himself. The continent’s governing football body then resorted to stretching the ban to a career-disrupting eight years.
The 23-year-old’s reaction to the brutal sanction remains to be seen.