Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal has stressed that Egypt manager Hector Cuper...
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
- Handball: Al Ahly reach Cup semis, Zamalek eliminated
- Elmohamady: Egypt closer than ever to reaching World Cup
- Warda vows to fight for regular spot in Egypt squad
- CAF president Ahmad supports Morocco 2026 World Cup bid
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
Cúper selects five players from abroad for World Cup qualifier
Cúper called up Mohamed El-Nenny (FC Basel), Mohamed Salah (AS Roma), Ahmed ‘Koka’ Hassan (SC Braga), Mohamed Abdel-Shafy (Ahli Jeddah) and Amr Warda (Panetolikos FC) for the upcoming World Cup qualifier against Chad.
Chad advanced to the second round of 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifying in Africa on away goals after drawing Sierra Leone 2-2 on aggregate.
Chad are also Egypt’s opponents in Group G of 2017 Africa Cup of Nations qualifying, and the Pharaohs hammered Les Sao 5-1 last month, inspired by a Bassem Morsi hat-trick.
The Chad FA have announced on Monday the appointment of Rigobert Song as the new national team coach just two weeks before the clash with Egypt.
It is worth noting that FIFA have appointed Nigerian referee Anietie Udoh to officiate the game.
The game will take place at the Stade Idriss Mahamat Ouya in N’Djamena.