Egypt’s Mohamed Safwat was knocked out of Dubai Tennis Championships from the first...
- Monfils eliminates Safwat from Dubai Tennis Championships
- Ahmed Elmohamady: Everything has changed at Hull City
- Al Ahly announce stadium for Bidvest Wits clash
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek advance to Egypt Cup quarters
- SQUASH: El-Shorbagy brothers to meet in Windy City quarter-finals
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
IAAF bans Moroccan marathon runner for two years
The IAAF has revealed that the two-time Olympic runner Abderrahime Bouramdane of Morocco has been hit with a two-year ban for doping.
The 37-year-old’s ban will run until Oct. 1, 2017, after it was discovered that his biological passport contained some irregularities.
The ban also means that any results Bouramdane has achieved since 14 April 2011 have been stripped from his record. It is worth noting that the Moroccan finished in fourth place at the 2011 world championships in Daegu, South Korea.