Hossam El-Badry has announced his 21-man squad facing Misr El-Maqassa in the 13th...
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
- AWCON: Nigeria emerge as champions of Africa
HANDBALL: Zamalek beat Al Ahly in African CL
Zamalek came out on top of title defenders, and rivals Al Ahly with a score of 26-24 in a tense match in the quarter-final of the African Handball Champions League to knock them out of the tournament.
For the first ten minutes, neither side was successful in breaking the stalemate. However, Zamalek took advantage of Al Ahly’s decline and were able to end the first half on top with a score of 13-9.
IN the second half, the White Castle’s players continued their form and were able to expand their lead to 20-13; however, Al Ahly made a great comeback to eventually tie the score at 24-24. In the final minutes of the game, Ahmed El-Ahmar led Zamalek to a 26-24 win. El-Ahmar scored 13 out of Zamalek’s 26 goals of the game.
Zamalek have reached the semi-final of the African Handball Champions League for the first time since 2012, when Al Ahly beat Zamalek in the final, while it is the first time since then that Al Ahly doesn’t qualify to the semi-finals.
After this game, Zamalek will face Espérance Sportive de Tunis in the semi-finals, while Alexandria Sporting Club are still awaiting their opponent in the other semi-final.
Zamalek and Sporting Club are the only two teams that are still representing Egypt in the tournament.