Misr El-Maqassa defeated Al Masry 4-2 in gameweek 21 of the Egyptian...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
Hossam Hassan handed one-match ban
Al Masry manager Hossam Hassan has received a one-match suspension after he was sent off in his team’s 1-1 draw with Misr El-Maqassa.
The Egyptian legend was sent off along with Maqassa’s assistant coach Hamad Ibrahim by the referee, after the two coaches spat on the sidelines in the second round of the Egyptian Premier League.
The Egyptian Football Association (EFA) has issued a one-match ban on both coaches.
Following the game, the coastal club coach commented on his early exit saying, “I respect the referee’s decision, but Maqassa’s coach was really inappropriate towards me,” Hassan said.
“I am a role model, and I will not respond to what he said to me,” he added.
Smouha’s manager Mohamed Youssef was also suspended for one match after he was sent off in his team’s 3-0 loss against Petrojet.