Egypt national team left-back Mohamed Abdel-Shafy will not be able to play in...
- OFFICIAL: Abdel-Shafy misses Ghana match in AFCON
- Asamoah Gyan seeking revenge against Egypt
- Algeria coach Georges Leekens resigns after AFCON elimination
- AFCON Roundup: Tunisia reach quarter finals, Algeria eliminated
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
King Fut Weekly Awards – GOTW: Koka chips in
The King Fut Weekly Awards, where the best goals and performances of African footballers featuring worldwide are recognized.
GOAL OF THE WEEK: AHMED HASSAN KOKA
Words can not describe the feeling when Ahmed Hassan Koka scored his beautifully chipped goal against Marseille. The Egyptian international’s father had just passed away one day prior to the game, and despite that, manager Paulo Fonseca started Koka. The latter showed exceptional professionalism and mental strength to score in his side’s 3-2 victory over French outfits Marseille. His celebration sent chills down every spectator’s body. Goosebumps.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK: PIERRE-EMERICK AUBAMEYANG
Two hat-tricks in four days. Do I need to even give further justification? Gabonese striker Pierre Aubameyang scored three goals to help Borussia Dortmund to a 5-1 victory against Augsburg. Three days earlier, the French-born player registered another hat-trick in the Europa League defeating Qabala 3-1 at the Bakcell Arena. The 26-year-old striker has now scored 20 goals in 17 matches in all competitions for Borussia Dortmund just this season.