Defending champions Zamalek have advanced to Egypt Cup quarter-final after beating second-tier...
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek advance to Egypt Cup quarters
- SQUASH: El-Shorbagy brothers to meet in Windy City quarter-finals
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
King Fut Weekly Awards – GOTW: Koka chips in
The King Fut Weekly Awards, where the best goals and performances of African footballers featuring worldwide are recognized.
GOAL OF THE WEEK: AHMED HASSAN KOKA
Words can not describe the feeling when Ahmed Hassan Koka scored his beautifully chipped goal against Marseille. The Egyptian international’s father had just passed away one day prior to the game, and despite that, manager Paulo Fonseca started Koka. The latter showed exceptional professionalism and mental strength to score in his side’s 3-2 victory over French outfits Marseille. His celebration sent chills down every spectator’s body. Goosebumps.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK: PIERRE-EMERICK AUBAMEYANG
Two hat-tricks in four days. Do I need to even give further justification? Gabonese striker Pierre Aubameyang scored three goals to help Borussia Dortmund to a 5-1 victory against Augsburg. Three days earlier, the French-born player registered another hat-trick in the Europa League defeating Qabala 3-1 at the Bakcell Arena. The 26-year-old striker has now scored 20 goals in 17 matches in all competitions for Borussia Dortmund just this season.