Egypt international Omar Gaber played 70 minutes as Basel claimed a 2-2...
- Gaber starts in thrilling 2-2 draw against Vaduz
- Ramadan Sobhi’s Stoke fall 2-0 to Swansea City
- 10-man Hull City cruise past Watford with ease
- Wadi Degla women crowned Egypt Cup champions
- Hany Zada: Kahraba will continue his career abroad
- Ryan Giggs: Mohamed Salah is an exciting player
- Kahraba scores and assists as Ittihad win at Ettifaq
- Adel Taarabt: Salah one of the best in Serie A
- Gehad Greisha back to officiating in Egyptian Premier League
- Zamalek to pay a portion of Agogo’s unpaid wages
King Fut Weekly Awards – GOTW: Koka chips in
The King Fut Weekly Awards, where the best goals and performances of African footballers featuring worldwide are recognized.
GOAL OF THE WEEK: AHMED HASSAN KOKA
Words can not describe the feeling when Ahmed Hassan Koka scored his beautifully chipped goal against Marseille. The Egyptian international’s father had just passed away one day prior to the game, and despite that, manager Paulo Fonseca started Koka. The latter showed exceptional professionalism and mental strength to score in his side’s 3-2 victory over French outfits Marseille. His celebration sent chills down every spectator’s body. Goosebumps.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK: PIERRE-EMERICK AUBAMEYANG
Two hat-tricks in four days. Do I need to even give further justification? Gabonese striker Pierre Aubameyang scored three goals to help Borussia Dortmund to a 5-1 victory against Augsburg. Three days earlier, the French-born player registered another hat-trick in the Europa League defeating Qabala 3-1 at the Bakcell Arena. The 26-year-old striker has now scored 20 goals in 17 matches in all competitions for Borussia Dortmund just this season.