Former Egypt manager Hassan Shehata has resigned from his post as Petrojet...
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
- Tunisia confirm Nabil Maaloul as new head coach
- Al Ahly’s games vs Entag, El-Geish, Nasr postponed
- Gymnastics team issue statement after Al Gazira hall fire
- OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan extends Al Masry contract
- Ghanaian Bolga All Stars’ owner features in his team’s league match
- Braga appoint Abel Ferreira as new head coach
- Jose: Shikabala should have joined Al Ahly
- Rizzitelli: Salah will be decisive for Roma against Lazio
Prince Ali meets with CAF officials in Egypt
Prince Ali bin Hussein of Jordan has met with a few CAF officials, including CAF president and interim FIFA president Issa Hayatou, during a two-day visit in Egypt; in an attempt to garner support ahead of the FIFA presidential elections next year .
“I have no worries over competing with fellow Arab candidates. I’m confident that the Egyptian Football Association and other Arab federations who supported me before in the elections will support me again,” said Prince Ali to Egyptian news agency MENA.
Egypt reportedly supported Prince Ali against Sepp Blatter in the previous elections, but the long-serving president won the elections yet again, before announcing his intention of stepping down in February 2016. The latest developments, which saw Hayatou appointed as interim FIFA president, only accelerated Blatter’s departure.
The competition will be between Prince Ali and his fellow Arab in the FIFA elections, Asian soccer confederation president Sheikh Salman bin Ibrahim Al Khalifa, as well as a handful of businessmen and football-affiliated individuals.