KingFut rounds up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup of...
- AFCON Roundup: Tunisia reach quarter finals, Algeria eliminated
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
Prince Ali meets with CAF officials in Egypt
Prince Ali bin Hussein of Jordan has met with a few CAF officials, including CAF president and interim FIFA president Issa Hayatou, during a two-day visit in Egypt; in an attempt to garner support ahead of the FIFA presidential elections next year .
“I have no worries over competing with fellow Arab candidates. I’m confident that the Egyptian Football Association and other Arab federations who supported me before in the elections will support me again,” said Prince Ali to Egyptian news agency MENA.
Egypt reportedly supported Prince Ali against Sepp Blatter in the previous elections, but the long-serving president won the elections yet again, before announcing his intention of stepping down in February 2016. The latest developments, which saw Hayatou appointed as interim FIFA president, only accelerated Blatter’s departure.
The competition will be between Prince Ali and his fellow Arab in the FIFA elections, Asian soccer confederation president Sheikh Salman bin Ibrahim Al Khalifa, as well as a handful of businessmen and football-affiliated individuals.