Egypt’s local national team have defeated Benin 2-0 in the preparations for CHAN...
- VIDEO: Egypt’s locals national team defeat Benin
- Ghanaian officials banned for sexual harassment
- Mortada: Alain Giresse has agreed to manage Zamalek
- Volleyball: Al Ahly crowned African champions
- Egypt’s general prosecutor reopens the Air Defence Stadium case
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
- Al Ahly: Emad Meteb is an important player for us
- Hector Cuper: Bassem Morsy can rejoin national team
- Meteb admits he might leave Al Ahly over lack of playing time
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
Prince Ali meets with CAF officials in Egypt
Prince Ali bin Hussein of Jordan has met with a few CAF officials, including CAF president and interim FIFA president Issa Hayatou, during a two-day visit in Egypt; in an attempt to garner support ahead of the FIFA presidential elections next year .
“I have no worries over competing with fellow Arab candidates. I’m confident that the Egyptian Football Association and other Arab federations who supported me before in the elections will support me again,” said Prince Ali to Egyptian news agency MENA.
Egypt reportedly supported Prince Ali against Sepp Blatter in the previous elections, but the long-serving president won the elections yet again, before announcing his intention of stepping down in February 2016. The latest developments, which saw Hayatou appointed as interim FIFA president, only accelerated Blatter’s departure.
The competition will be between Prince Ali and his fellow Arab in the FIFA elections, Asian soccer confederation president Sheikh Salman bin Ibrahim Al Khalifa, as well as a handful of businessmen and football-affiliated individuals.