Elneny was an usused substitute for Arsenal, while Ramadan Sobhi featured for...
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
Prince Ali meets with CAF officials in Egypt
Prince Ali bin Hussein of Jordan has met with a few CAF officials, including CAF president and interim FIFA president Issa Hayatou, during a two-day visit in Egypt; in an attempt to garner support ahead of the FIFA presidential elections next year .
“I have no worries over competing with fellow Arab candidates. I’m confident that the Egyptian Football Association and other Arab federations who supported me before in the elections will support me again,” said Prince Ali to Egyptian news agency MENA.
Egypt reportedly supported Prince Ali against Sepp Blatter in the previous elections, but the long-serving president won the elections yet again, before announcing his intention of stepping down in February 2016. The latest developments, which saw Hayatou appointed as interim FIFA president, only accelerated Blatter’s departure.
The competition will be between Prince Ali and his fellow Arab in the FIFA elections, Asian soccer confederation president Sheikh Salman bin Ibrahim Al Khalifa, as well as a handful of businessmen and football-affiliated individuals.