Mohamed Sanad’s Club Balonmano Naturhouse La Rioja beat Macedonian HC Metalrug to qualify to champions...
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
Cameroon legend Rigobert Song appointed as Chad head coach
The Chad FA have announced on Monday the appointment of Rigobert Song as the new national team coach just two weeks before their World Cup qualifier against Egypt.
The Cameroonian defensive legend succeeds sacked French coach Emmanuel Tregoat.
Although Chad managed to go through the first round of the qualifiers on away goals after a 2-2 aggregate draw with Sierra Leone, the Chad FA decided to sack Tregoat and bring in Song.
Song’s first official game will be against Egypt at home before playing the second-leg in Cairo on the 17th of November to decide who progresses to the next stage in the race for a place in the 2018 World Cup.
The former Liverpool player, 39, retired from professional football in 2010. He won two Africa Cup of Nations titles with the Cameroon national team.