An unfortunate day for the Egyptian trio in the British Open Squash...
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
- Mortada announces Mohamed Helmy’s departure
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- SQUASH: Potential all Egyptian men’s final awaits ahead of semi-finals
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
Cameroon legend Rigobert Song appointed as Chad head coach
The Chad FA have announced on Monday the appointment of Rigobert Song as the new national team coach just two weeks before their World Cup qualifier against Egypt.
The Cameroonian defensive legend succeeds sacked French coach Emmanuel Tregoat.
Although Chad managed to go through the first round of the qualifiers on away goals after a 2-2 aggregate draw with Sierra Leone, the Chad FA decided to sack Tregoat and bring in Song.
Song’s first official game will be against Egypt at home before playing the second-leg in Cairo on the 17th of November to decide who progresses to the next stage in the race for a place in the 2018 World Cup.
The former Liverpool player, 39, retired from professional football in 2010. He won two Africa Cup of Nations titles with the Cameroon national team.