Guinea-Bissau forward Abel Camara reflects on his team’s historic achievement of reaching...
- EXCLUSIVE | Guinea-Bissau’s Abel Camara: We feel like heroes
- Uganda defender Wasswa: We’re not afraid of Egypt
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
Cameroon legend Rigobert Song appointed as Chad head coach
The Chad FA have announced on Monday the appointment of Rigobert Song as the new national team coach just two weeks before their World Cup qualifier against Egypt.
The Cameroonian defensive legend succeeds sacked French coach Emmanuel Tregoat.
Although Chad managed to go through the first round of the qualifiers on away goals after a 2-2 aggregate draw with Sierra Leone, the Chad FA decided to sack Tregoat and bring in Song.
Song’s first official game will be against Egypt at home before playing the second-leg in Cairo on the 17th of November to decide who progresses to the next stage in the race for a place in the 2018 World Cup.