Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
Cameroon legend Rigobert Song appointed as Chad head coach
The Chad FA have announced on Monday the appointment of Rigobert Song as the new national team coach just two weeks before their World Cup qualifier against Egypt.
The Cameroonian defensive legend succeeds sacked French coach Emmanuel Tregoat.
Although Chad managed to go through the first round of the qualifiers on away goals after a 2-2 aggregate draw with Sierra Leone, the Chad FA decided to sack Tregoat and bring in Song.
Song’s first official game will be against Egypt at home before playing the second-leg in Cairo on the 17th of November to decide who progresses to the next stage in the race for a place in the 2018 World Cup.
The former Liverpool player, 39, retired from professional football in 2010. He won two Africa Cup of Nations titles with the Cameroon national team.