Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
Zamalek lose, face Al Ahly in African Handball Champions League
Zamalek’s handball team fell to defeat against Tunisian side Club Africain in the group stage of the African Club Championship held in Morocco.
The first half ended with the White’s trailing 14-13. Zamalek’s opponent managed to widen the score in the second half to win the game 28-24.
The defeat means Zamalek end the group stage in second place of Group B with four points and are set to face Al Ahly, who finished in first place of Group A, in the quarter-finals. The match is set to take place on Tuesday, October 27.
The group stage is comprised of four groups. Al Ahly came on the top of their group with three wins against Stade Mandji (Gabon), and Widad (Morocco) HBC Police (Rwanda). Zamalek, however, played against Club Africain (Tunisia), Fanz (Cameroon), Borno Stade (Nigeria).