Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
Zamalek lose, face Al Ahly in African Handball Champions League
Zamalek’s handball team fell to defeat against Tunisian side Club Africain in the group stage of the African Club Championship held in Morocco.
The first half ended with the White’s trailing 14-13. Zamalek’s opponent managed to widen the score in the second half to win the game 28-24.
The defeat means Zamalek end the group stage in second place of Group B with four points and are set to face Al Ahly, who finished in first place of Group A, in the quarter-finals. The match is set to take place on Tuesday, October 27.
The group stage is comprised of four groups. Al Ahly came on the top of their group with three wins against Stade Mandji (Gabon), and Widad (Morocco) HBC Police (Rwanda). Zamalek, however, played against Club Africain (Tunisia), Fanz (Cameroon), Borno Stade (Nigeria).