Egyptian International Ahmed Hassan Koka featured as SC Braga secured a narrow...
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
Exclusive – Bahrain FA: Shaikh Salman can lead helm of FIFA
In a statement released earlier, president of BFA Shaikh Ali bin Khalifa Al Khalifa said Shaikh Ebrahim, president of Asian Football Confederation (AFC) and honourary president of BFA, is capable of leading the helm of Fifa with efficiency and with applying the highest of success factors, and to instill in Fifa the spirit of positive change and new challenges, given the vast experience he has, and his methodical and modern approach to development, to overcome the current status and divert the negative images that have stigmatised the recent period, to achieve the progress all aspire to.
“Shaikh Salman is one of the most prominent personalities in the world of football on the Arab, Asian and International levels, one who has rendered magnificent services to football and has contributed generously to its success and development,” he added.
He also said that the support that Shaikh Salman receives goes “beyond the regional level, especially after succeeding to become the president of AFC and having established a clear vision, which will pave the road – God Willing – towards the presidency of Fifa, so Bahrain once again will write a new chapter of success in football and progress”.
“Shaikh Salman’s success at AFC’s General Assembly in May 2013 to lead one of the largest football confederation, is a living proof of the confidence and support he acquires from various Asian football associations, in light of his ability to obtain the support of Arab and Gulf associations as well, which will form the nucleus of his route to success in the elections,” Shaikh Ali added.
Shaikh Ali also declared that BFA is entitled to render all possible support to Shaikh Salman in the upcoming period, in the framework of rendering support to all leading Bahraini sport figures to achieve leadership positions in different regional and international football arenas.
He added that Shaikh Salman, with his distinguished status and vast expertise in the field of football, acquired throughout his career as a leader in football, makes us highly optimistic with his ability to strongly compete to win this coveted position.
The presidential election is set to take place at the Extraordinary Congress of Fifa on February 26, 2016, in Zurich.