Roma progressed to the next round of the Europa League despite falling...
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
HANDBALL: Zamalek edge out Espérance to reach African final
Zamalek are through to the final of the African Handball Champions League, after beating Espérance Sportive de Tunis 34-33.
Zamalek finished the first half on top with a slight margin, leading 12-11. Espérance fought back in the second half, and managed to finish on a 25-25 tie, leading the game to the extra-time.
Espérance lead 27-26 in the first half of extra-time, then Zamalek managed to finish the second half 29-29. Third half went to Zamalek’s favour, who managed to lead 32-31.
The game was so tight between both teams but Zamalek finally succeeded to seal the game in the fourth half of extra-time with a one-point margin, edging Espérance 34-33.