Al Ahly football director Sayed Abdel-Hafiz announced that a media ban will...
- Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
- VIDEO: Egypt’s locals national team defeat Benin
- Ghanaian officials banned for sexual harassment
- Mortada: Alain Giresse has agreed to manage Zamalek
- Volleyball: Al Ahly crowned African champions
- Egypt’s general prosecutor reopens the Air Defence Stadium case
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
HANDBALL: Zamalek edge out Espérance to reach African final
Zamalek are through to the final of the African Handball Champions League, after beating Espérance Sportive de Tunis 34-33.
Zamalek finished the first half on top with a slight margin, leading 12-11. Espérance fought back in the second half, and managed to finish on a 25-25 tie, leading the game to the extra-time.
Espérance lead 27-26 in the first half of extra-time, then Zamalek managed to finish the second half 29-29. Third half went to Zamalek’s favour, who managed to lead 32-31.
The game was so tight between both teams but Zamalek finally succeeded to seal the game in the fourth half of extra-time with a one-point margin, edging Espérance 34-33.
Zamalek, who defeated Al Ahly in the quarter-final, play their 10th African Champions League final on Friday, against the winner of Egypt’s Sporting Club and Tunisia’s Club Africain.