Al Ahly have revealed an official request from Spanish club Villarreal CF...
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
Marwan Mohsen: Gil Vicente experience was a failure
Ismaily striker Marwan Mohsen spoke about his time in Portugal last season, showing that he was less than satisfied with his experience abroad.
After 26 appearances with 11 starts, a grand total of just two goals and relegation, Marwan Mohsen decided to call time on his tenure at Portuguese side Gil Vicente and return to Egypt, signing for Ismaily on a free transfer.
Following his debut against Entag El Harby, where he scored the opening goal, Mohsen spoke about how he felt he was underused at Gil Vicente.
“My experience with Gil Vicente was a failure. The most important reason was the coach [José Mota] only played me in the last 10 minutes of the game,” Mohsen told reporters after a friendly match versus Ras El-Bar, which Ismaily won 5-1.
“Consequently, I did not get my chance and I wasn’t able to market myself to the Portuguese league or any other European competition,” the striker continued.
However, Mohsen considers that the experience was not entirely negative, claiming that he feels that he has “benefited from that time where I lived a fully professional experience and I learned discipline.”
Isamily are currently 5th in the Egyptian Premier League, and face Al Masry next Saturday.