Ghana coach Avram Grant has encouraged his team to do better after their...
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
- Hector Cuper: Our group is now more complicated
- OFFICIAL: Injured Egypt keeper El-Shennawy to miss rest of AFCON
- Court adds Abou-Treika to terrorist watch-list
- Mali coach: We were under pressure against Egypt
- Elneny: We have a good chance to qualify
- El-Hadary made history as Mali held Egypt to goalless draw
- Ayew scores from the spot as Ghana down Uganda
Zamalek players dominate PFA awards
The Egyptian Professional Footballers’ Association announced the best players of the 2014-2015 season, in a ceremony held on Tuesday evening.
The awards were decided by a voting process that included the coaches and players of the Egyptian Premier League.
Zamalek goalkeeper Ahmed El Shennawy was voted the Best Player of the Season, as well as the Best Goalkeeper.
Zamalek midfielder Omar Gaber received the Fans’ Best Player award, while defender Mohammed Koffi received the Best Foreign Player in the League award.
The Young Player of the Season award went to Al Ahly’s Ramadan Sobhy.
Zamalek manager Jesualdo Ferreira also claimed the Best Manager of the season award.
Egypt’s Mohammed Salah was voted as the Best Egyptian Player playing abroad.
The team of the season featured six players from League and Cup Champions Zamalek, and five players from second-placed Al Ahly.
Goalkeeper: Ahmed El Shennawy;
Defenders: Hazem Emam, Ali Gabr, Saad Samir, Hussein El-Sayed;
Midfielders: Hossam Ghaly, Ibrahim Salah, Ramadan Sobhy, Mostafa Fathi, Ayman Hefny;
Attackers: Bassem Morsi.