Al Masry have continued their winning streak as they beat Petrojet 2-1...
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
Zamalek players dominate PFA awards
The Egyptian Professional Footballers’ Association announced the best players of the 2014-2015 season, in a ceremony held on Tuesday evening.
The awards were decided by a voting process that included the coaches and players of the Egyptian Premier League.
Zamalek goalkeeper Ahmed El Shennawy was voted the Best Player of the Season, as well as the Best Goalkeeper.
Zamalek midfielder Omar Gaber received the Fans’ Best Player award, while defender Mohammed Koffi received the Best Foreign Player in the League award.
The Young Player of the Season award went to Al Ahly’s Ramadan Sobhy.
Zamalek manager Jesualdo Ferreira also claimed the Best Manager of the season award.
Egypt’s Mohammed Salah was voted as the Best Egyptian Player playing abroad.
The team of the season featured six players from League and Cup Champions Zamalek, and five players from second-placed Al Ahly.
Goalkeeper: Ahmed El Shennawy;
Defenders: Hazem Emam, Ali Gabr, Saad Samir, Hussein El-Sayed;
Midfielders: Hossam Ghaly, Ibrahim Salah, Ramadan Sobhy, Mostafa Fathi, Ayman Hefny;
Attackers: Bassem Morsi.