Al Ahly striker Souleymane Coulibaly was pleased with his performance against Sokar El-Hawamdia...
- Coulibaly pleased with friendly performance, seeks playing time
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
- Hector Cuper: Reaching World Cup is our main target
- CAF secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigns
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
VOLLEYBALL: Al Ahly knocked out of world championship
This is the second loss for Africa’s representatives in the tournament, after they surrendered to a first 0-3 defeat to Iran’s Paykan Tehran.
Al Ahly lost the first set against the Argentinian side with the score of 23-25. UPCN San Juan extended their lead winning the second 16-25, before ending the game three sets clear by claiming the third set with the score of 21-25.
Both of the Egyptian club’s games have seen the same scenario, as they failed to claim any sets in their two matches to become the bottom of group B and have their hopes in the world championship surrendered.