The FIFA Ethics committee has announced bans on various African football officials at both...
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
VOLLEYBALL: Al Ahly knocked out of world championship
Al Ahly have suffered another defeat and got eliminated in volleyball world championship in Brazil after losing 0-3 to Argentinian champions UPCN San Juan.
This is the second loss for Africa’s representatives in the tournament, after they surrendered to a first 0-3 defeat to Iran’s Paykan Tehran.
Al Ahly lost the first set against the Argentinian side with the score of 23-25. UPCN San Juan extended their lead winning the second 16-25, before ending the game three sets clear by claiming the third set with the score of 21-25.
Both of the Egyptian club’s games have seen the same scenario, as they failed to claim any sets in their two matches to become the bottom of group B and have their hopes in the world championship surrendered.