The Windy City Open 2017, which will kick off on Thursday in...
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
- Warda voted Man of The Match in PAOK’s win over Veria
- Ahmed Nagy: El-Hadary will go to the World Cup
VOLLEYBALL: Al Ahly knocked out of world championship
Al Ahly have suffered another defeat and got eliminated in volleyball world championship in Brazil after losing 0-3 to Argentinian champions UPCN San Juan.
This is the second loss for Africa’s representatives in the tournament, after they surrendered to a first 0-3 defeat to Iran’s Paykan Tehran.
Al Ahly lost the first set against the Argentinian side with the score of 23-25. UPCN San Juan extended their lead winning the second 16-25, before ending the game three sets clear by claiming the third set with the score of 21-25.
Both of the Egyptian club’s games have seen the same scenario, as they failed to claim any sets in their two matches to become the bottom of group B and have their hopes in the world championship surrendered.