Mohamed Salah scored a brace for his Roma side, who comfortably handled...
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
VOLLEYBALL: Al Ahly knocked out of world championship
Al Ahly have suffered another defeat and got eliminated in volleyball world championship in Brazil after losing 0-3 to Argentinian champions UPCN San Juan.
This is the second loss for Africa’s representatives in the tournament, after they surrendered to a first 0-3 defeat to Iran’s Paykan Tehran.
Al Ahly lost the first set against the Argentinian side with the score of 23-25. UPCN San Juan extended their lead winning the second 16-25, before ending the game three sets clear by claiming the third set with the score of 21-25.
Both of the Egyptian club’s games have seen the same scenario, as they failed to claim any sets in their two matches to become the bottom of group B and have their hopes in the world championship surrendered.