KingFut rounds up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup of...
- AFCON Roundup: Ivory Coast draw as Morocco beat Togo
- Egypt did not play badly against Mali, says coach Hector Cuper
- Egypt lose to Sweden, face Croatia in World Handball Championship last 16
- Avram Grant demands injured players’ replacement in AFCON
- Zamalek reject Torino’s offer for Mostafa Fathi
- Malang Diédhiou appointed as referee for Egypt-Uganda game
- Roma cruise past Sampdoria to reach quarter-finals
- Elmohamady: Uganda’s match is very important
- EXCLUSIVE: Union Española turn down Zamalek bid for Carlos Salom
- Burkina Faso duo Pitroipa, Zongo to miss rest of AFCON
VOLLEYBALL: Al Ahly knocked out of world championship
Al Ahly have suffered another defeat and got eliminated in volleyball world championship in Brazil after losing 0-3 to Argentinian champions UPCN San Juan.
This is the second loss for Africa’s representatives in the tournament, after they surrendered to a first 0-3 defeat to Iran’s Paykan Tehran.
Al Ahly lost the first set against the Argentinian side with the score of 23-25. UPCN San Juan extended their lead winning the second 16-25, before ending the game three sets clear by claiming the third set with the score of 21-25.
Both of the Egyptian club’s games have seen the same scenario, as they failed to claim any sets in their two matches to become the bottom of group B and have their hopes in the world championship surrendered.