Zamalek board member Hani Zada expressed his happiness that the club was drawn into...
- Hani Zada: Zamalek have a good record against Arab teams
- Hossam El-Badry: Club World Cup return is our aim
- Al Ahly, Zamalek opponents in CAFCL group stages revealed
- Smouha in Group C as CAFCC draw announced
- Dodo El-Gabbas scores and assists in Lierse win over Union SG
- Ramadan Sobhi reveals effect of AFCON on Stoke career
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
HANDBALL: Al Ahly finish fifth in African Champions League
Al Ahly finished fifth in the African Handball Champions League held in Morocco, after beating Cameroon’s FAP Yaoundé 31-26.
Al Ahly, who were knocked-out by Zamalek in the quarter-final, beat Cameroon’s FAP Yaoundé 31-26 in the fifth place decider on Friday to finish in the fifth place.
Al Ahly have been crowned four times champions of the African champions league, second-best in Egypt to Zamalek.
In the women’s championship, Al Ahly’s team finished 6th, after losing 32-21 to Congo’s Abo Sport.
Zamalek were crowned African champions on Friday after beating Tunisia’s Club Africain 35-22 in the final. With nine African champions league titles to their name, the Whites are two titles behind GS Pétroliers of Algeria, who won the most number of titles in the history of the tournament.