Former Zamalek coach, Momen Soliman, showed his dissatisfaction towards describing the 2016 CAF Champions...
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
HANDBALL: Al Ahly finish fifth in African Champions League
Al Ahly finished fifth in the African Handball Champions League held in Morocco, after beating Cameroon’s FAP Yaoundé 31-26.
Al Ahly, who were knocked-out by Zamalek in the quarter-final, beat Cameroon’s FAP Yaoundé 31-26 in the fifth place decider on Friday to finish in the fifth place.
Al Ahly have been crowned four times champions of the African champions league, second-best in Egypt to Zamalek.
In the women’s championship, Al Ahly’s team finished 6th, after losing 32-21 to Congo’s Abo Sport.
Zamalek were crowned African champions on Friday after beating Tunisia’s Club Africain 35-22 in the final. With nine African champions league titles to their name, the Whites are two titles behind GS Pétroliers of Algeria, who won the most number of titles in the history of the tournament.