Hany Zada, a member of the Zamalek board, spoke to ON Sport...
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
HANDBALL: Al Ahly finish fifth in African Champions League
Al Ahly finished fifth in the African Handball Champions League held in Morocco, after beating Cameroon’s FAP Yaoundé 31-26.
Al Ahly, who were knocked-out by Zamalek in the quarter-final, beat Cameroon’s FAP Yaoundé 31-26 in the fifth place decider on Friday to finish in the fifth place.
Al Ahly have been crowned four times champions of the African champions league, second-best in Egypt to Zamalek.
In the women’s championship, Al Ahly’s team finished 6th, after losing 32-21 to Congo’s Abo Sport.
Zamalek were crowned African champions on Friday after beating Tunisia’s Club Africain 35-22 in the final. With nine African champions league titles to their name, the Whites are two titles behind GS Pétroliers of Algeria, who won the most number of titles in the history of the tournament.