Egypt’s Amr Warda has been voted as PAOK’s best player as he...
- Warda voted Man of The Match in PAOK’s win over Veria
- Ahmed Nagy: El-Hadary will go to the World Cup
- Former Enugu Rangers coach: Zamalek are not invincible
- Le Havre’s Taher Mohamed to play just 2 matches at U-20 AFCON
- Mohamed Abdelshafy features as Al Ahli beat Bunyodkor
- Ifeanyi Ubah: Al Masry scored through a controversial penalty
- Lionel Messi speaks about Egypt’s greatness and pyramids
- Cameroon announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
El-Ashry: Al Shaab need a new manager
Tarek El-Ashry admitted that his team maybe in need of a new manager following their heavy 4-1 home defeat to Al Wahda.
In a press conference following the game, in which Al Shaab had led by a goal in the 31st minute before succumbing to a 1-4 defeat, Tarek El-Ashry acknowledged his inability to help the team progress.
“I think it is time for the board to take a decision because, in all honesty, I can not give more than that” El-Ashry said.
“I apologise to the fans, but there must be a change in favor of Al Shaab. We all want the good for this club” he added.
Al Shaab find themselves rooted to the bottom of the table after the latest defeat to Al Wahda became their sixth loss out of seven games this season.
However, the former ENPPI and Harras El-Hodood manager refuses to resign.
“The decision is up to the board of directors. I am leaving the choice for them” he said.
El-Ashry only began coaching Al Shaab this season after resigning from ENPPI in the summer , when the petroleum side was second in the Egyptian Premier League table.