Zamalek goalkeeper Mahmoud Abdel-Rahim Gennesh expressed his happiness after first national team call-up...
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
- Al Ahly: Emad Meteb is an important player for us
- Hector Cuper: Bassem Morsy can rejoin national team
- Meteb admits he might leave Al Ahly over lack of playing time
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
- Coulibaly pleased with friendly performance, seeks playing time
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
El-Ashry: Al Shaab need a new manager
Tarek El-Ashry admitted that his team maybe in need of a new manager following their heavy 4-1 home defeat to Al Wahda.
In a press conference following the game, in which Al Shaab had led by a goal in the 31st minute before succumbing to a 1-4 defeat, Tarek El-Ashry acknowledged his inability to help the team progress.
“I think it is time for the board to take a decision because, in all honesty, I can not give more than that” El-Ashry said.
“I apologise to the fans, but there must be a change in favor of Al Shaab. We all want the good for this club” he added.
Al Shaab find themselves rooted to the bottom of the table after the latest defeat to Al Wahda became their sixth loss out of seven games this season.
However, the former ENPPI and Harras El-Hodood manager refuses to resign.
“The decision is up to the board of directors. I am leaving the choice for them” he said.