Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
El-Ashry: Al Shaab need a new manager
Tarek El-Ashry admitted that his team maybe in need of a new manager following their heavy 4-1 home defeat to Al Wahda.
In a press conference following the game, in which Al Shaab had led by a goal in the 31st minute before succumbing to a 1-4 defeat, Tarek El-Ashry acknowledged his inability to help the team progress.
“I think it is time for the board to take a decision because, in all honesty, I can not give more than that” El-Ashry said.
“I apologise to the fans, but there must be a change in favor of Al Shaab. We all want the good for this club” he added.
Al Shaab find themselves rooted to the bottom of the table after the latest defeat to Al Wahda became their sixth loss out of seven games this season.
However, the former ENPPI and Harras El-Hodood manager refuses to resign.
“The decision is up to the board of directors. I am leaving the choice for them” he said.
El-Ashry only began coaching Al Shaab this season after resigning from ENPPI in the summer , when the petroleum side was second in the Egyptian Premier League table.