Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
El-Ashry: Al Shaab need a new manager
Tarek El-Ashry admitted that his team maybe in need of a new manager following their heavy 4-1 home defeat to Al Wahda.
In a press conference following the game, in which Al Shaab had led by a goal in the 31st minute before succumbing to a 1-4 defeat, Tarek El-Ashry acknowledged his inability to help the team progress.
“I think it is time for the board to take a decision because, in all honesty, I can not give more than that” El-Ashry said.
“I apologise to the fans, but there must be a change in favor of Al Shaab. We all want the good for this club” he added.
Al Shaab find themselves rooted to the bottom of the table after the latest defeat to Al Wahda became their sixth loss out of seven games this season.
However, the former ENPPI and Harras El-Hodood manager refuses to resign.
“The decision is up to the board of directors. I am leaving the choice for them” he said.