Egyptian International Ahmed Hassan Koka featured as SC Braga secured a narrow...
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
Aly Maher: Trezeguet, Gamal were close to leaving Al Ahly
Maher said that the duo were close to leaving the club, however, he requested that both of them should be promoted to the first team.
“Trezeguet was always excluded from Al Ahly’s youth team games. He was close to leaving the club but I noticed his talent and the high technical qualifications he possesses,” said Maher in a televised interview on Al Hayah channel.
“I briefed Manuel José on the player and he said that Trezeguet is one of the best youngsters he’s ever came across, especially that he can play in different positions,” he added.
Trezeguet has joined Belgian side Anderlecht from Al Ahly on a one-year loan deal in the 2015 summer transfer window.
Maher added that he also spoke to Rabie Yassin, former Egyptian national Under-20 team manager, about Trezeguet.
“I talked to Rabie Yassin about Trezeguet and told him that he’s one to watch, and later on he joined the ranks of the Pharaohs,” he added.
“Same thing goes for Amr Gamal. The duo were close to leaving the club, but I requested that they should be promoted because of their superb talent,” he concluded.