Former Enugu Rangers coach Lawrence Akpokon spoke about the upcoming CAF Champions League clash...
- Former Enugu Rangers coach: Zamalek are not invincible
- Le Havre’s Taher Mohamed to play just 2 matches at U-20 AFCON
- Mohamed Abdelshafy features as Al Ahli beat Bunyodkor
- Ifeanyi Ubah: Al Masry scored through a controversial penalty
- Lionel Messi speaks about Egypt’s greatness and pyramids
- Cameroon announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
Aly Maher: Trezeguet, Gamal were close to leaving Al Ahly
Maher said that the duo were close to leaving the club, however, he requested that both of them should be promoted to the first team.
“Trezeguet was always excluded from Al Ahly’s youth team games. He was close to leaving the club but I noticed his talent and the high technical qualifications he possesses,” said Maher in a televised interview on Al Hayah channel.
“I briefed Manuel José on the player and he said that Trezeguet is one of the best youngsters he’s ever came across, especially that he can play in different positions,” he added.
Trezeguet has joined Belgian side Anderlecht from Al Ahly on a one-year loan deal in the 2015 summer transfer window.
Maher added that he also spoke to Rabie Yassin, former Egyptian national Under-20 team manager, about Trezeguet.
“I talked to Rabie Yassin about Trezeguet and told him that he’s one to watch, and later on he joined the ranks of the Pharaohs,” he added.
“Same thing goes for Amr Gamal. The duo were close to leaving the club, but I requested that they should be promoted because of their superb talent,” he concluded.