Former general supervisor of Ghana national youth teams George Afriyie believes that Ebenezer Assifuah...
- Afriyie: I advice Al-Ahly to sign Ebenezer Assifuah
- Spalletti comments on Salah’s absence ahead of Rome Derby
- Kahraba: Fans are the reason behind my performance
- Inzaghi: Mohamed Salah added value to Roma
- Radja Nainggolan: Salah is an important player
- Egypt’s women beat hosts France to reach World Championship final
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores brace as Ittihad thrash Ettifaq
- Wenger gives update on Elneny’s condition
- OFFICIAL: Gabon appoint Jose Camacho as new manager
- Mahmoud Fayez: Salah will be fit in time for AFCON
Aly Maher: Trezeguet, Gamal were close to leaving Al Ahly
Maher said that the duo were close to leaving the club, however, he requested that both of them should be promoted to the first team.
“Trezeguet was always excluded from Al Ahly’s youth team games. He was close to leaving the club but I noticed his talent and the high technical qualifications he possesses,” said Maher in a televised interview on Al Hayah channel.
“I briefed Manuel José on the player and he said that Trezeguet is one of the best youngsters he’s ever came across, especially that he can play in different positions,” he added.
Trezeguet has joined Belgian side Anderlecht from Al Ahly on a one-year loan deal in the 2015 summer transfer window.
Maher added that he also spoke to Rabie Yassin, former Egyptian national Under-20 team manager, about Trezeguet.
“I talked to Rabie Yassin about Trezeguet and told him that he’s one to watch, and later on he joined the ranks of the Pharaohs,” he added.
“Same thing goes for Amr Gamal. The duo were close to leaving the club, but I requested that they should be promoted because of their superb talent,” he concluded.