Wadi Degla manager Ahmed Hossam ”Mido” has revealed that Al Ahly forward Emad...
- Mido: Emad Metab would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
Aly Maher: Trezeguet, Gamal were close to leaving Al Ahly
Former Al Ahly assistant coach Aly Maher said that Amr Gamal and Mahmoud Hassan ‘Trezeguet’ were on the verge of leaving Al Ahly during their days in the youth team.
Maher said that the duo were close to leaving the club, however, he requested that both of them should be promoted to the first team.
“Trezeguet was always excluded from Al Ahly’s youth team games. He was close to leaving the club but I noticed his talent and the high technical qualifications he possesses,” said Maher in a televised interview on Al Hayah channel.
“I briefed Manuel José on the player and he said that Trezeguet is one of the best youngsters he’s ever came across, especially that he can play in different positions,” he added.
Trezeguet has joined Belgian side Anderlecht from Al Ahly on a one-year loan deal in the 2015 summer transfer window.
Maher added that he also spoke to Rabie Yassin, former Egyptian national Under-20 team manager, about Trezeguet.
“I talked to Rabie Yassin about Trezeguet and told him that he’s one to watch, and later on he joined the ranks of the Pharaohs,” he added.
“Same thing goes for Amr Gamal. The duo were close to leaving the club, but I requested that they should be promoted because of their superb talent,” he concluded.