Lierse football club announced on their website that the team’s midfielder Amr...
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
- OFFICIAL: Lierse confirm Amr Barakat move to Al Ahly
- Mali goalkeeper Diakite and midfielder Traoré injured before Egypt match
- Cuper: Expect more than 11 players participating in AFCON
- Mali coach: We have equal chances with Egypt and Ghana
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
Aly Maher: Trezeguet, Gamal were close to leaving Al Ahly
Former Al Ahly assistant coach Aly Maher said that Amr Gamal and Mahmoud Hassan ‘Trezeguet’ were on the verge of leaving Al Ahly during their days in the youth team.
Maher said that the duo were close to leaving the club, however, he requested that both of them should be promoted to the first team.
“Trezeguet was always excluded from Al Ahly’s youth team games. He was close to leaving the club but I noticed his talent and the high technical qualifications he possesses,” said Maher in a televised interview on Al Hayah channel.
“I briefed Manuel José on the player and he said that Trezeguet is one of the best youngsters he’s ever came across, especially that he can play in different positions,” he added.
Trezeguet has joined Belgian side Anderlecht from Al Ahly on a one-year loan deal in the 2015 summer transfer window.
Maher added that he also spoke to Rabie Yassin, former Egyptian national Under-20 team manager, about Trezeguet.
“I talked to Rabie Yassin about Trezeguet and told him that he’s one to watch, and later on he joined the ranks of the Pharaohs,” he added.
“Same thing goes for Amr Gamal. The duo were close to leaving the club, but I requested that they should be promoted because of their superb talent,” he concluded.