Scottish outfit Kilmarnock have turned down a bid from African giants Zamalek...
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
El-Ahmar: What we did was extraordinary
In the wake of Zamalek’s brilliant triumph in the 2015 African Champions League final against Tunisia’s Club Africain, Ahmed El-Ahmar sang his side’s praises.
The Whites breezed past their opponents in the title-deciding match, winning by a comfortable score of 35-22.
In comments made to Zamalek’s official website, Ahmed enthused, “I’m proud of all of my teammates and it’s an honor to play alongside them; they’re the reason I decided to rejoin Zamalek.”
“It was a difficult match against a respectable opponent, but – by God’s will – we were able to emerge victorious because we were motivated enough to bring back the title for our fans,” he concluded.