After losing the Champions League final on aggregate to Mameloudi Sundowns, Zamalek’s...
- Momen Soliman: the best team won and Fathi could leave in January
- Pitso Mosimane targets Zamalek duo ahead of FIFA Club World Cup
- Mortada Mansour: ‘Magic and sorcery’ cost us
- Salah scores and assists in 4-1 win over Palermo
- VIDEO: Zamalek defeat Sundowns in Egypt but lose Champions League final
- Arab Champions League to return next summer in Egypt
- Warda features as Panetolikos lose to Levadiakos
- Egypt seeded third for Africa U-20 Cup of Nations draw
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
Maqassa’s Confederation Cup participation approved by CAF
The Confederation of African Football ‘CAF’ has given Misr El-Maqassa the approval needed for the team to participate in African club championships.
El-Maqassa have announced that their documents were accepted by the CAF, which allows them to participate in the 2016 CAF Confederation Cup alongside ENPPI.
Therefore, Cairo Giants Zamalek and Al Ahly will represent Egypt in the 2016 CAF Champions League; the Reds being runners-up in the past season’s Egyptian Premier League and Egypt Cup competitions.
It is worth mentioning that only five other Egyptian clubs have managed to get this approval: Al Ahly, Zamalek, ENPPI, Ismaily and Petrojet.