A Sherif Ekramy penalty save in the dying seconds of the match...
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
Maqassa’s Confederation Cup participation approved by CAF
The Confederation of African Football ‘CAF’ has given Misr El-Maqassa the approval needed for the team to participate in African club championships.
El-Maqassa have announced that their documents were accepted by the CAF, which allows them to participate in the 2016 CAF Confederation Cup alongside ENPPI.
Therefore, Cairo Giants Zamalek and Al Ahly will represent Egypt in the 2016 CAF Champions League; the Reds being runners-up in the past season’s Egyptian Premier League and Egypt Cup competitions.
It is worth mentioning that only five other Egyptian clubs have managed to get this approval: Al Ahly, Zamalek, ENPPI, Ismaily and Petrojet.