Egypt international Omar Gaber played 70 minutes as Basel claimed a 2-2...
- Gaber starts in thrilling 2-2 draw against Vaduz
- Ramadan Sobhi’s Stoke fall 2-0 to Swansea City
- 10-man Hull City cruise past Watford with ease
- Wadi Degla women crowned Egypt Cup champions
- Hany Zada: Kahraba will continue his career abroad
- Ryan Giggs: Mohamed Salah is an exciting player
- Kahraba scores and assists as Ittihad win at Ettifaq
- Adel Taarabt: Salah one of the best in Serie A
- Gehad Greisha back to officiating in Egyptian Premier League
- Zamalek to pay a portion of Agogo’s unpaid wages
Maqassa’s Confederation Cup participation approved by CAF
The Confederation of African Football ‘CAF’ has given Misr El-Maqassa the approval needed for the team to participate in African club championships.
El-Maqassa have announced that their documents were accepted by the CAF, which allows them to participate in the 2016 CAF Confederation Cup alongside ENPPI.
The Fayoum-based club managed to secure their best position in an Egyptian Premier League last season when they came fourth in the table, preceded by league champions Zamalek, Al Ahly and ENPPI.
Therefore, Cairo Giants Zamalek and Al Ahly will represent Egypt in the 2016 CAF Champions League; the Reds being runners-up in the past season’s Egyptian Premier League and Egypt Cup competitions.
It is worth mentioning that only five other Egyptian clubs have managed to get this approval: Al Ahly, Zamalek, ENPPI, Ismaily and Petrojet.