An unfortunate day for the Egyptian trio in the British Open Squash...
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
- Mortada announces Mohamed Helmy’s departure
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- SQUASH: Potential all Egyptian men’s final awaits ahead of semi-finals
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
VIDEO: ENPPI edge past Al Masry to earn first three points
The hosts took a 2-0 lead that lasted until the 78th minute, before their opponents halved the deficit to set up a nervy finish.
Salah Ashour scored the opener in the 28th minute, heading home from an in-swinging free-kick.
Four minutes later, Lamah cut inside from the left and played Kaoud in behind the defence with a deft flick, and the latter squeezed home from a tight angle to double the lead.
Said Mourad’s long cross in the 78th minute found an unmarked Gomaa, who headed easily past the stationary Abdel-Monsef, but it proved to be nothing more than a consolation as the match drew to a close.
ENPPI travel to Alexandria on Thursday to face Smouha.