Ghana captain and all-time top scorer Asamoah Gyan mentioned that he and...
- Asamoah Gyan seeking revenge against Egypt
- Algeria coach Georges Leekens resigns after AFCON elimination
- AFCON Roundup: Tunisia reach quarter finals, Algeria eliminated
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
El-Mahalla sack technical team
Ghazl El-Mahalla have announced sacking their technical team headed by manager Mohamed Geneidy due to poor results.
The newly-promoted team lost their first three games in the Egyptian Premier League against Smouha, Al Ahly and Wadi Degla.
El-Mahalla board named Ahmed Hassan, former youth director, as the new coach. Tarek Mahgoub was appointed as general coach while Nasser Farouk will remain as goalkeepers’ coach.
The club spokesperson Shafik Hamouda said that they chose Hassan because he’s familiar with the players and has coached the team before.
He added that the board took the sacking decision because of the technical team’s internal problems, which were the reason behind the team’s poor results.
El-Mahalla will face newly-promoted Aswan on Sunday.