Zamalek Chairman Mortada Mansour has sent out a message to several top...
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
- Mido: African football will not move forward with referees like Lamptey
- Massimo Busacca tutors Egyptian officials on video assistance technology
- Volleyball: Red Devils beat Ahli Benghazi 3-1 in African Club Championship
El-Mahalla sack technical team
Ghazl El-Mahalla have announced sacking their technical team headed by manager Mohamed Geneidy due to poor results.
The newly-promoted team lost their first three games in the Egyptian Premier League against Smouha, Al Ahly and Wadi Degla.
El-Mahalla board named Ahmed Hassan, former youth director, as the new coach. Tarek Mahgoub was appointed as general coach while Nasser Farouk will remain as goalkeepers’ coach.
The club spokesperson Shafik Hamouda said that they chose Hassan because he’s familiar with the players and has coached the team before.
He added that the board took the sacking decision because of the technical team’s internal problems, which were the reason behind the team’s poor results.
El-Mahalla will face newly-promoted Aswan on Sunday.