Egypt international Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim Kahraba scored a brace as Al-Ittihad beat Al-Ettifaq...
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores brace as Ittihad thrash Ettifaq
- Wenger gives update on Elneny’s condition
- OFFICIAL: Gabon appoint Jose Camacho as new manager
- Mahmoud Fayez: Salah will be fit in time for AFCON
- SQUASH: Egyptian women take world’s top three spots for first time in history
- SQUASH: Egypt beat USA to reach WWTC semi-finals
- Ahmed Gafaar excluded from Zamalek’s squad against El-Dakhleya
- Salah out for three weeks with an ankle injury
- Wim De Coninck believes Trezeguet must return to Anderlecht
- Egypt features in list of referees for 2017 AFCON
El-Mahalla sack technical team
Ghazl El-Mahalla have announced sacking their technical team headed by manager Mohamed Geneidy due to poor results.
The newly-promoted team lost their first three games in the Egyptian Premier League against Smouha, Al Ahly and Wadi Degla.
El-Mahalla board named Ahmed Hassan, former youth director, as the new coach. Tarek Mahgoub was appointed as general coach while Nasser Farouk will remain as goalkeepers’ coach.
The club spokesperson Shafik Hamouda said that they chose Hassan because he’s familiar with the players and has coached the team before.
He added that the board took the sacking decision because of the technical team’s internal problems, which were the reason behind the team’s poor results.
El-Mahalla will face newly-promoted Aswan on Sunday.