Argentina and Barcelona legend Lionel Messi spoke about Egypt, his visit in...
- Lionel Messi speaks about Egypt’s greatness and pyramids
- Cameroon announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
El-Mahalla sack technical team
Ghazl El-Mahalla have announced sacking their technical team headed by manager Mohamed Geneidy due to poor results.
The newly-promoted team lost their first three games in the Egyptian Premier League against Smouha, Al Ahly and Wadi Degla.
El-Mahalla board named Ahmed Hassan, former youth director, as the new coach. Tarek Mahgoub was appointed as general coach while Nasser Farouk will remain as goalkeepers’ coach.
The club spokesperson Shafik Hamouda said that they chose Hassan because he’s familiar with the players and has coached the team before.
He added that the board took the sacking decision because of the technical team’s internal problems, which were the reason behind the team’s poor results.
El-Mahalla will face newly-promoted Aswan on Sunday.