Former Egypt manager Hassan Shehata has resigned from his post as Petrojet...
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
- Tunisia confirm Nabil Maaloul as new head coach
- Al Ahly’s games vs Entag, El-Geish, Nasr postponed
- Gymnastics team issue statement after Al Gazira hall fire
- OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan extends Al Masry contract
- Ghanaian Bolga All Stars’ owner features in his team’s league match
- Braga appoint Abel Ferreira as new head coach
- Jose: Shikabala should have joined Al Ahly
- Rizzitelli: Salah will be decisive for Roma against Lazio
El-Mahalla sack technical team
Ghazl El-Mahalla have announced sacking their technical team headed by manager Mohamed Geneidy due to poor results.
The newly-promoted team lost their first three games in the Egyptian Premier League against Smouha, Al Ahly and Wadi Degla.
El-Mahalla board named Ahmed Hassan, former youth director, as the new coach. Tarek Mahgoub was appointed as general coach while Nasser Farouk will remain as goalkeepers’ coach.
The club spokesperson Shafik Hamouda said that they chose Hassan because he’s familiar with the players and has coached the team before.
He added that the board took the sacking decision because of the technical team’s internal problems, which were the reason behind the team’s poor results.
El-Mahalla will face newly-promoted Aswan on Sunday.