KingFut rounds up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup of...
- AFCON Roundup: Tunisia reach quarter finals, Algeria eliminated
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
Mido questions refereeing effect on competition
Ismaily manager Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ expressed his dissatisfaction with the referees’ performance during his team’s matches in the Egyptian Premier League.
Ismaily lost to Dakhleya 1-0 in the third round of the league on Sunday in a game that saw Shikabala’s claim for a penalty in the last minutes turned down.
“It is my first time since I started coaching to comment on the refereeing. There are question marks on the referees performance, I hope that Essam Abdel-Fatah will look at this issue,” Mido said in a televised interview.
The former Zamalek player said that his team deserved a penalty in their match against Dakhleya as well as in their previous match against Arab Contractors.
The Dervishes played out a goalless draw with the Arab Contractors after they defeated Entag El-Harby 2-0 in the league opener.
“Just let us know if you want to limit the competition between Al Ahly and Zamalek only,” Mido concluded.