After losing the Champions League final on aggregate to Mameloudi Sundowns, Zamalek’s...
- Momen Soliman: the best team won and Fathi could leave in January
- Pitso Mosimane targets Zamalek duo ahead of FIFA Club World Cup
- Mortada Mansour: ‘Magic and sorcery’ cost us
- Salah scores and assists in 4-1 win over Palermo
- VIDEO: Zamalek defeat Sundowns in Egypt but lose Champions League final
- Arab Champions League to return next summer in Egypt
- Warda features as Panetolikos lose to Levadiakos
- Egypt seeded third for Africa U-20 Cup of Nations draw
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
Mido questions refereeing effect on competition
Ismaily manager Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ expressed his dissatisfaction with the referees’ performance during his team’s matches in the Egyptian Premier League.
Ismaily lost to Dakhleya 1-0 in the third round of the league on Sunday in a game that saw Shikabala’s claim for a penalty in the last minutes turned down.
“It is my first time since I started coaching to comment on the refereeing. There are question marks on the referees performance, I hope that Essam Abdel-Fatah will look at this issue,” Mido said in a televised interview.
The former Zamalek player said that his team deserved a penalty in their match against Dakhleya as well as in their previous match against Arab Contractors.
The Dervishes played out a goalless draw with the Arab Contractors after they defeated Entag El-Harby 2-0 in the league opener.
“Just let us know if you want to limit the competition between Al Ahly and Zamalek only,” Mido concluded.