Referee Ibrahim Nour El-Dein talked about his contentious penalty decision in Al...
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
Youssef: I knew about my sacking before El-Maqassa match
Former Smouha coach Mohamed Youssef said that he knew about his sacking before his team’s match against Misr El-Maqassa.
The Alexandrian club board officially announced the sacking of Youssef and the appointment of Mimi Abdel-Razek as interim manager following the team’s 2-0 loss against El-Maqassa in the third round of the Egyptian Premier League.
“Unfortunately, I learned about my sacking before El-Maqassa game. Smouha board had the intention to negotiate with another coach. Of course I am upset to get sacked after only two league matches,” Youssef said in a radio interview.
The former Al Ahly coach added that making the sacking decision in haste would negatively affect the Alexandrian-based team.
He said that he received several offers, but he is yet to make up his mind on which one to accept.
“Currently, I am not planning to travel outside Egypt. I have several offers to coach in Egypt,” Youssef added.
Smouha are 12th in league table with three points, as they defeated El-Mahalla in the first round before losing to Petrojet and El-Maqassa.