Egypt international Omar Gaber played 70 minutes as Basel claimed a 2-2...
- Gaber starts in thrilling 2-2 draw against Vaduz
- Ramadan Sobhi’s Stoke fall 2-0 to Swansea City
- 10-man Hull City cruise past Watford with ease
- Wadi Degla women crowned Egypt Cup champions
- Hany Zada: Kahraba will continue his career abroad
- Ryan Giggs: Mohamed Salah is an exciting player
- Kahraba scores and assists as Ittihad win at Ettifaq
- Adel Taarabt: Salah one of the best in Serie A
- Gehad Greisha back to officiating in Egyptian Premier League
- Zamalek to pay a portion of Agogo’s unpaid wages
Youssef: I knew about my sacking before El-Maqassa match
Former Smouha coach Mohamed Youssef said that he knew about his sacking before his team’s match against Misr El-Maqassa.
The Alexandrian club board officially announced the sacking of Youssef and the appointment of Mimi Abdel-Razek as interim manager following the team’s 2-0 loss against El-Maqassa in the third round of the Egyptian Premier League.
“Unfortunately, I learned about my sacking before El-Maqassa game. Smouha board had the intention to negotiate with another coach. Of course I am upset to get sacked after only two league matches,” Youssef said in a radio interview.
The former Al Ahly coach added that making the sacking decision in haste would negatively affect the Alexandrian-based team.
He said that he received several offers, but he is yet to make up his mind on which one to accept.
“Currently, I am not planning to travel outside Egypt. I have several offers to coach in Egypt,” Youssef added.
Smouha are 12th in league table with three points, as they defeated El-Mahalla in the first round before losing to Petrojet and El-Maqassa.