Defending champions Zamalek have advanced to Egypt Cup quarter-final after beating second-tier...
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek advance to Egypt Cup quarters
- SQUASH: El-Shorbagy brothers to meet in Windy City quarter-finals
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
Youssef: I knew about my sacking before El-Maqassa match
Former Smouha coach Mohamed Youssef said that he knew about his sacking before his team’s match against Misr El-Maqassa.
The Alexandrian club board officially announced the sacking of Youssef and the appointment of Mimi Abdel-Razek as interim manager following the team’s 2-0 loss against El-Maqassa in the third round of the Egyptian Premier League.
“Unfortunately, I learned about my sacking before El-Maqassa game. Smouha board had the intention to negotiate with another coach. Of course I am upset to get sacked after only two league matches,” Youssef said in a radio interview.
The former Al Ahly coach added that making the sacking decision in haste would negatively affect the Alexandrian-based team.
He said that he received several offers, but he is yet to make up his mind on which one to accept.
“Currently, I am not planning to travel outside Egypt. I have several offers to coach in Egypt,” Youssef added.
Smouha are 12th in league table with three points, as they defeated El-Mahalla in the first round before losing to Petrojet and El-Maqassa.