Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
Youssef: I knew about my sacking before El-Maqassa match
Former Smouha coach Mohamed Youssef said that he knew about his sacking before his team’s match against Misr El-Maqassa.
The Alexandrian club board officially announced the sacking of Youssef and the appointment of Mimi Abdel-Razek as interim manager following the team’s 2-0 loss against El-Maqassa in the third round of the Egyptian Premier League.
“Unfortunately, I learned about my sacking before El-Maqassa game. Smouha board had the intention to negotiate with another coach. Of course I am upset to get sacked after only two league matches,” Youssef said in a radio interview.
The former Al Ahly coach added that making the sacking decision in haste would negatively affect the Alexandrian-based team.
He said that he received several offers, but he is yet to make up his mind on which one to accept.
“Currently, I am not planning to travel outside Egypt. I have several offers to coach in Egypt,” Youssef added.
Smouha are 12th in league table with three points, as they defeated El-Mahalla in the first round before losing to Petrojet and El-Maqassa.