Egypt have claimed a 31-26 victory over Argentina in the Handball World...
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
- Hector Cuper: Our group is now more complicated
- OFFICIAL: Injured Egypt keeper El-Shennawy to miss rest of AFCON
- Court adds Abou-Treika to terrorist watch-list
- Mali coach: We were under pressure against Egypt
- Elneny: We have a good chance to qualify
- El-Hadary made history as Mali held Egypt to goalless draw
Youssef: I knew about my sacking before El-Maqassa match
Former Smouha coach Mohamed Youssef said that he knew about his sacking before his team’s match against Misr El-Maqassa.
The Alexandrian club board officially announced the sacking of Youssef and the appointment of Mimi Abdel-Razek as interim manager following the team’s 2-0 loss against El-Maqassa in the third round of the Egyptian Premier League.
“Unfortunately, I learned about my sacking before El-Maqassa game. Smouha board had the intention to negotiate with another coach. Of course I am upset to get sacked after only two league matches,” Youssef said in a radio interview.
The former Al Ahly coach added that making the sacking decision in haste would negatively affect the Alexandrian-based team.
He said that he received several offers, but he is yet to make up his mind on which one to accept.
Smouha are 12th in league table with three points, as they defeated El-Mahalla in the first round before losing to Petrojet and El-Maqassa.