KingFut’s Marwan Ahmed got in touch with Angola national team manager Beto...
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
- VIDEO: Egypt’s locals national team defeat Benin
- Ghanaian officials banned for sexual harassment
- Mortada: Alain Giresse has agreed to manage Zamalek
- Volleyball: Al Ahly crowned African champions
- Egypt’s general prosecutor reopens the Air Defence Stadium case
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
- Al Ahly: Emad Meteb is an important player for us
- Hector Cuper: Bassem Morsy can rejoin national team
- Meteb admits he might leave Al Ahly over lack of playing time
OFFICIAL: Smouha sack Mohamed Youssef, Abdel-Razek takes charge
Smouha have announced the sacking of manager Mohamed Youssef via Facebook, in the wake of the club’s poor start to the league.
The Alexandria-based club beat Ghazl El-Mahalla away from home in the first round of Egyptian Premier League matches, but followed that up with an embarrassing 0-3 loss in Alexandria to Ahmed Hassan’s Petrojet.
Things went from bad to worse this week, as the 2015 CAF Champions League participants lost 2-0 to a Misr El-Maqassa side looking forward to an African campaign of their own, in the 2016 Confederation Cup.
With 3 points from 3 matches this season and a poor end to their 2015 Champions League campaign, the club have decided to part ways with the ex-Ahly manager they appointed in July 2015, despite Youssef’s achievement of a last-four place in the Egypt Cup.
Mimi Abdel-Razek will take over as interim manager in the coming days, until a new manager is appointed.
Smouha host high-flying ENPPI next Thursday, in what will likely prove to be a tricky encounter.