Lazio manager Simone Inzaghi believes that Salah add value to Roma, adding that his...
- Inzaghi: Mohamed Salah added value to Roma
- Radja Nainggolan: Salah is an important player
- Egypt’s women beat hosts France to reach World Championship final
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores brace as Ittihad thrash Ettifaq
- Wenger gives update on Elneny’s condition
- OFFICIAL: Gabon appoint Jose Camacho as new manager
- Mahmoud Fayez: Salah will be fit in time for AFCON
- SQUASH: Egyptian women take world’s top three spots for first time in history
- SQUASH: Egypt beat USA to reach WWTC semi-finals
- Ahmed Gafaar excluded from Zamalek’s squad against El-Dakhleya
OFFICIAL: Smouha sack Mohamed Youssef, Abdel-Razek takes charge
Smouha have announced the sacking of manager Mohamed Youssef via Facebook, in the wake of the club’s poor start to the league.
The Alexandria-based club beat Ghazl El-Mahalla away from home in the first round of Egyptian Premier League matches, but followed that up with an embarrassing 0-3 loss in Alexandria to Ahmed Hassan’s Petrojet.
Things went from bad to worse this week, as the 2015 CAF Champions League participants lost 2-0 to a Misr El-Maqassa side looking forward to an African campaign of their own, in the 2016 Confederation Cup.
With 3 points from 3 matches this season and a poor end to their 2015 Champions League campaign, the club have decided to part ways with the ex-Ahly manager they appointed in July 2015, despite Youssef’s achievement of a last-four place in the Egypt Cup.
Mimi Abdel-Razek will take over as interim manager in the coming days, until a new manager is appointed.
Smouha host high-flying ENPPI next Thursday, in what will likely prove to be a tricky encounter.