Scottish outfit Kilmarnock have turned down a bid from African giants Zamalek...
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
OFFICIAL: Smouha sack Mohamed Youssef, Abdel-Razek takes charge
Smouha have announced the sacking of manager Mohamed Youssef via Facebook, in the wake of the club’s poor start to the league.
The Alexandria-based club beat Ghazl El-Mahalla away from home in the first round of Egyptian Premier League matches, but followed that up with an embarrassing 0-3 loss in Alexandria to Ahmed Hassan’s Petrojet.
Things went from bad to worse this week, as the 2015 CAF Champions League participants lost 2-0 to a Misr El-Maqassa side looking forward to an African campaign of their own, in the 2016 Confederation Cup.
With 3 points from 3 matches this season and a poor end to their 2015 Champions League campaign, the club have decided to part ways with the ex-Ahly manager they appointed in July 2015, despite Youssef’s achievement of a last-four place in the Egypt Cup.
Mimi Abdel-Razek will take over as interim manager in the coming days, until a new manager is appointed.
Smouha host high-flying ENPPI next Thursday, in what will likely prove to be a tricky encounter.