Hull let a lead slip as they drew 1-1 against fellow newly-promoted...
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
- Elmohamady speaks about adapting to English culture, life at Hull
- Karim Nedved aiming to use U-20 AFCON as stepping stone to Europe
- Ex-Zamalek’s Ahmed Nasser undergoing trial at Nurnberg
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Hafez plays full 90 in Lens 2-0 win
- U-20 AFCON: Egypt coach Gamal acknowledges pressure to deliver
- Mali U20 coach: We aim to win our match against Egypt
- Ibrahim Hassan scores from the spot as Ismaily draws with El-Gaish
- Elneny: I couldn’t believe the Arsenal negotiations
OFFICIAL: Smouha sack Mohamed Youssef, Abdel-Razek takes charge
Smouha have announced the sacking of manager Mohamed Youssef via Facebook, in the wake of the club’s poor start to the league.
The Alexandria-based club beat Ghazl El-Mahalla away from home in the first round of Egyptian Premier League matches, but followed that up with an embarrassing 0-3 loss in Alexandria to Ahmed Hassan’s Petrojet.
Things went from bad to worse this week, as the 2015 CAF Champions League participants lost 2-0 to a Misr El-Maqassa side looking forward to an African campaign of their own, in the 2016 Confederation Cup.
With 3 points from 3 matches this season and a poor end to their 2015 Champions League campaign, the club have decided to part ways with the ex-Ahly manager they appointed in July 2015, despite Youssef’s achievement of a last-four place in the Egypt Cup.
Mimi Abdel-Razek will take over as interim manager in the coming days, until a new manager is appointed.
Smouha host high-flying ENPPI next Thursday, in what will likely prove to be a tricky encounter.