South Africa’s Minister of Sport and Recreation Fikiler Mbalula has expressed his discontent...
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
- Egypt’s assistant coach says Pharaohs won’t rely on history
- Sada Cruzeiro beat El-Gaish in Volleyball Club World Championship
OFFICIAL: Smouha sack Mohamed Youssef, Abdel-Razek takes charge
Smouha have announced the sacking of manager Mohamed Youssef via Facebook, in the wake of the club’s poor start to the league.
The Alexandria-based club beat Ghazl El-Mahalla away from home in the first round of Egyptian Premier League matches, but followed that up with an embarrassing 0-3 loss in Alexandria to Ahmed Hassan’s Petrojet.
Things went from bad to worse this week, as the 2015 CAF Champions League participants lost 2-0 to a Misr El-Maqassa side looking forward to an African campaign of their own, in the 2016 Confederation Cup.
With 3 points from 3 matches this season and a poor end to their 2015 Champions League campaign, the club have decided to part ways with the ex-Ahly manager they appointed in July 2015, despite Youssef’s achievement of a last-four place in the Egypt Cup.
Mimi Abdel-Razek will take over as interim manager in the coming days, until a new manager is appointed.
Smouha host high-flying ENPPI next Thursday, in what will likely prove to be a tricky encounter.