AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
Salah plays 90 minutes as Roma lose first place to Inter
Roma started off by taking control of the ball and putting pressure on Inter’s defence, who were sitting back and conceding possession.
The Giallorossi got their first effort when Salah headed the ball wide in the seventh minute.
Despite conceding possession, Inter showed bright sparks here and there, with Guarin attempting a long range effort that barely hit the target.
In the 23rd minute the frantic match got it’s first dangerous chance, with Edin Džeko missing an open net, after a one-handed save by Handanovic landed in the Bosnian’s path.
Roma continued their pressure, and five minutes later Salah burst down the right, but only hit the side netting with his effort.
In the 31st minute the game witnessed its only goal, and it came against the run of play; Gary Medel picked up the ball outside the box and unleashed a long range ground effort that Wojciech Szczęsny couldn’t get a hand on.
Roma entered the second half in similar fashion to the first one; they controlled the game and missed a couple of chances as Džeko failed to get past Handanovic.
In the 60th minute Salah missed a great chance after running past a defender, but he hit the ball into Handanovic’s shins.
Salah then missed another glorious chance one minute later to put Roma level, after the Inter stopper again denied him a goal.
Pjanic was sent off in the 72nd minute after getting his second yellow for handball, and Roma were forced to continue with 10 men for about 20 minutes, as they ultimately failed to score an equaliser.
Roma are in second place after the result, but could drop to fourth if Fiorentina and Napoli win tomorrow.