Zamalek left-back Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh has officially signed a five-year contract extension with...
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
- VIDEO: Egypt’s locals national team defeat Benin
- Ghanaian officials banned for sexual harassment
- Mortada: Alain Giresse has agreed to manage Zamalek
Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ resigns as Ismaily boss
Ismaily coach Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ handed in his resignation from his post as manager of Ismaily on Monday.
The ex-Zamalek boss, who took charge of Ismaily earlier this season, has decided to put an end to his time at the club after managing three games in the northeast; winning one, drawing the other, and losing his third.
Mido claimed that the club’s financial situation is the reason behind his decision, just one day after he criticised Egyptian referees’ performances following his first league defeat with Ismaily on Sunday.
“The board and the fans have high expectations but the financial situation is a barrier holding us back,” he said.
“The high expectations place pressure on the players and that is something that does not allow them to perform very well during games. I am not the right man for the job at the current time and I hope the board do find the suitable manager who can lead them to glory.”
However, the Dervishes’ board have rejected his resignation, with club chairman – Mohamed Abou El Souod – fully backing Mido.