Lierse football club announced on their website that the team’s midfielder Amr...
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
- OFFICIAL: Lierse confirm Amr Barakat move to Al Ahly
- Mali goalkeeper Diakite and midfielder Traoré injured before Egypt match
- Cuper: Expect more than 11 players participating in AFCON
- Mali coach: We have equal chances with Egypt and Ghana
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ resigns as Ismaily boss
Ismaily coach Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ handed in his resignation from his post as manager of Ismaily on Monday.
The ex-Zamalek boss, who took charge of Ismaily earlier this season, has decided to put an end to his time at the club after managing three games in the northeast; winning one, drawing the other, and losing his third.
Mido claimed that the club’s financial situation is the reason behind his decision, just one day after he criticised Egyptian referees’ performances following his first league defeat with Ismaily on Sunday.
“The board and the fans have high expectations but the financial situation is a barrier holding us back,” he said.
“The high expectations place pressure on the players and that is something that does not allow them to perform very well during games. I am not the right man for the job at the current time and I hope the board do find the suitable manager who can lead them to glory.”
However, the Dervishes’ board have rejected his resignation, with club chairman – Mohamed Abou El Souod – fully backing Mido.