Egyptian International Ahmed Hassan Koka featured as SC Braga secured a narrow...
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ resigns as Ismaily boss
Ismaily coach Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ handed in his resignation from his post as manager of Ismaily on Monday.
The ex-Zamalek boss, who took charge of Ismaily earlier this season, has decided to put an end to his time at the club after managing three games in the northeast; winning one, drawing the other, and losing his third.
Mido claimed that the club’s financial situation is the reason behind his decision, just one day after he criticised Egyptian referees’ performances following his first league defeat with Ismaily on Sunday.
“The board and the fans have high expectations but the financial situation is a barrier holding us back,” he said.
“The high expectations place pressure on the players and that is something that does not allow them to perform very well during games. I am not the right man for the job at the current time and I hope the board do find the suitable manager who can lead them to glory.”
However, the Dervishes’ board have rejected his resignation, with club chairman – Mohamed Abou El Souod – fully backing Mido.