Ifeanyi Ubah owner, Dr. Patrick Ifeanyi Ubah has resealed a statement, criticising...
- Ifeanyi Ubah: Al Masry scored through a controversial penalty
- Lionel Messi speaks about Egypt’s greatness and pyramids
- Cameroon announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
Salah among CAF’s 10 player shortlist for African Player of the Year award
The respective 10 nominees for the 2015 African Player of the Year and African-based Player of the Year awards have been revealed.
Algeria is also represented by a duo of stars in Feghouli and Brahimi. Sudanese ace Mudather El Tayeb, who plies for Al Hilal, is the only African-based player to make the shortlist.
Gabonese Aubameyang, who features for Borussia Dortmund, and Sadio Mane of Southampton are also in strong contention to win the award. Andre Ayew and Aymen Abdenour make the final ten as outsiders for the prize.
The African-based Player of the Year award is dominated by players from the finalists of the respective CAF club competitions. CAF Champions League top scorer, Mbwana Aly Samatta, leads the Mazembe contingent. USM Alger and Orlando Pirates have two players each while Etoile Sahel has Bounedjah on the shortlist. Mudather ‘Kareka’ makes this selection as well while Moghreb Tetouan’s Khadrouf finishes off the list.
— CAF (@CAF_Online) November 2, 2015
The awards ceremony, dubbed CAF-GLO Awards, will be held on January 7th 2016 in Abuja, Nigeria.