Former Al Ain FC Croatian coach Zlatko Dalic revealed that he was honored...
- Zlatko Dalić reveals two reasons standing in his way from coaching Zamalek
- Al Ahly: Hefty fines awaiting players breaching media ban
- Al Masry train on Port Said Stadium for first time since 2012 massacre
- Adebayor: Egypt are getting closer to reaching World Cup
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
- EFA fines El-Maqassa, Al Masry following their league match
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
Salah among CAF’s 10 player shortlist for African Player of the Year award
The respective 10 nominees for the 2015 African Player of the Year and African-based Player of the Year awards have been revealed.
Algeria is also represented by a duo of stars in Feghouli and Brahimi. Sudanese ace Mudather El Tayeb, who plies for Al Hilal, is the only African-based player to make the shortlist.
Gabonese Aubameyang, who features for Borussia Dortmund, and Sadio Mane of Southampton are also in strong contention to win the award. Andre Ayew and Aymen Abdenour make the final ten as outsiders for the prize.
The African-based Player of the Year award is dominated by players from the finalists of the respective CAF club competitions. CAF Champions League top scorer, Mbwana Aly Samatta, leads the Mazembe contingent. USM Alger and Orlando Pirates have two players each while Etoile Sahel has Bounedjah on the shortlist. Mudather ‘Kareka’ makes this selection as well while Moghreb Tetouan’s Khadrouf finishes off the list.
— CAF (@CAF_Online) November 2, 2015
The awards ceremony, dubbed CAF-GLO Awards, will be held on January 7th 2016 in Abuja, Nigeria.