Egypt international Mohamed Elneny has praised Mali, describing them as a tough...
- Mali coach: We were under pressure against Egypt
- Elneny: We have a good chance to qualify
- El-Hadary made history as Mali held Egypt to goalless draw
- Ayew scores from the spot as Ghana down Uganda
- Ehab Allam: Hull City have never been a ‘selling club’ under our ownership
- RELIVE: Egypt vs Mali – 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- VIDEO: Military National Team draw with Poland in the World Military Cup
- Hull City league position putting off prospective buyers, says Ehab Allam
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
- OFFICIAL: Lierse confirm Amr Barakat move to Al Ahly
Salah among CAF’s 10 player shortlist for African Player of the Year award
The respective 10 nominees for the 2015 African Player of the Year and African-based Player of the Year awards have been revealed.
Algeria is also represented by a duo of stars in Feghouli and Brahimi. Sudanese ace Mudather El Tayeb, who plies for Al Hilal, is the only African-based player to make the shortlist.
Gabonese Aubameyang, who features for Borussia Dortmund, and Sadio Mane of Southampton are also in strong contention to win the award. Andre Ayew and Aymen Abdenour make the final ten as outsiders for the prize.
The African-based Player of the Year award is dominated by players from the finalists of the respective CAF club competitions. CAF Champions League top scorer, Mbwana Aly Samatta, leads the Mazembe contingent. USM Alger and Orlando Pirates have two players each while Etoile Sahel has Bounedjah on the shortlist. Mudather ‘Kareka’ makes this selection as well while Moghreb Tetouan’s Khadrouf finishes off the list.
— CAF (@CAF_Online) November 2, 2015
The awards ceremony, dubbed CAF-GLO Awards, will be held on January 7th 2016 in Abuja, Nigeria.