Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim ‘Kahraba’ scored once as Al Ittihad overcame a one-goal deficit...
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores as Al Ittihad come back to defeat Al Faisaly
- De Sciglio: Roma will be dangerous despite missing Mohamed Salah
- Elmohamady features in thrilling 3-3 draw against Crystal Palace
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
Salah among CAF’s 10 player shortlist for African Player of the Year award
The respective 10 nominees for the 2015 African Player of the Year and African-based Player of the Year awards have been revealed.
Mohamed Salah is Egypt’s contender for the African Player of the Year award. Others on the shortlist include last year’s winner Yaya Toure and his Ivorian compatriot Serge Aurier.
Algeria is also represented by a duo of stars in Feghouli and Brahimi. Sudanese ace Mudather El Tayeb, who plies for Al Hilal, is the only African-based player to make the shortlist.
Gabonese Aubameyang, who features for Borussia Dortmund, and Sadio Mane of Southampton are also in strong contention to win the award. Andre Ayew and Aymen Abdenour make the final ten as outsiders for the prize.
The African-based Player of the Year award is dominated by players from the finalists of the respective CAF club competitions. CAF Champions League top scorer, Mbwana Aly Samatta, leads the Mazembe contingent. USM Alger and Orlando Pirates have two players each while Etoile Sahel has Bounedjah on the shortlist. Mudather ‘Kareka’ makes this selection as well while Moghreb Tetouan’s Khadrouf finishes off the list.
— CAF (@CAF_Online) November 2, 2015
The awards ceremony, dubbed CAF-GLO Awards, will be held on January 7th 2016 in Abuja, Nigeria.