ENPPI and Egypt midfielder Salah Soliman has been ruled out of Monday’s local national...
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
- Coulibaly pleased with friendly performance, seeks playing time
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
- Hector Cuper: Reaching World Cup is our main target
- CAF secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigns
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
Abou-Rida: Egypt can qualify for the 2018 World Cup
FIFA executive committee member and recently-appointed Egypt national team general supervisor Hany Abou-Rida has stated that he will hold a meeting with the national team players and staff on November 10 to discuss short and long-term goals, which include qualifying for the 2018 World Cup in Russia.
Abou-Rida clarified that he is working closely with Head of the Ministry of Youth and Sports Khaled Abdel-Aziz and Egyptian Football Association President Gamal Allam in order to fulfill the Egyptian’s dream of reaching the World Cup.
The 62-year-old is full of confidence and believes that the Egyptian national team can qualify for the upcoming World Cup, claiming that he has already met with national team manager Héctor Cúper several times in order to listen to and meet his demands.
Abou-Rida concluded by saying,”I will take this responsibility on my shoulders, and I promise that I will try my best to take the national team to the World Cup.”