South Africa’s Minister of Sport and Recreation Fikiler Mbalula has expressed his discontent...
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
- Egypt’s assistant coach says Pharaohs won’t rely on history
- Sada Cruzeiro beat El-Gaish in Volleyball Club World Championship
Abou-Rida: Egypt can qualify for the 2018 World Cup
FIFA executive committee member and recently-appointed Egypt national team general supervisor Hany Abou-Rida has stated that he will hold a meeting with the national team players and staff on November 10 to discuss short and long-term goals, which include qualifying for the 2018 World Cup in Russia.
Abou-Rida clarified that he is working closely with Head of the Ministry of Youth and Sports Khaled Abdel-Aziz and Egyptian Football Association President Gamal Allam in order to fulfill the Egyptian’s dream of reaching the World Cup.
The 62-year-old is full of confidence and believes that the Egyptian national team can qualify for the upcoming World Cup, claiming that he has already met with national team manager Héctor Cúper several times in order to listen to and meet his demands.
Abou-Rida concluded by saying,”I will take this responsibility on my shoulders, and I promise that I will try my best to take the national team to the World Cup.”