Hull let a lead slip as they drew 1-1 against fellow newly-promoted...
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
- Elmohamady speaks about adapting to English culture, life at Hull
- Karim Nedved aiming to use U-20 AFCON as stepping stone to Europe
- Ex-Zamalek’s Ahmed Nasser undergoing trial at Nurnberg
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Hafez plays full 90 in Lens 2-0 win
- U-20 AFCON: Egypt coach Gamal acknowledges pressure to deliver
- Mali U20 coach: We aim to win our match against Egypt
- Ibrahim Hassan scores from the spot as Ismaily draws with El-Gaish
- Elneny: I couldn’t believe the Arsenal negotiations
Abou-Rida: Egypt can qualify for the 2018 World Cup
FIFA executive committee member and recently-appointed Egypt national team general supervisor Hany Abou-Rida has stated that he will hold a meeting with the national team players and staff on November 10 to discuss short and long-term goals, which include qualifying for the 2018 World Cup in Russia.
Abou-Rida clarified that he is working closely with Head of the Ministry of Youth and Sports Khaled Abdel-Aziz and Egyptian Football Association President Gamal Allam in order to fulfill the Egyptian’s dream of reaching the World Cup.
The 62-year-old is full of confidence and believes that the Egyptian national team can qualify for the upcoming World Cup, claiming that he has already met with national team manager Héctor Cúper several times in order to listen to and meet his demands.
Abou-Rida concluded by saying,”I will take this responsibility on my shoulders, and I promise that I will try my best to take the national team to the World Cup.”