Scottish outfit Kilmarnock have turned down a bid from African giants Zamalek...
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
Abou-Rida: Egypt can qualify for the 2018 World Cup
FIFA executive committee member and recently-appointed Egypt national team general supervisor Hany Abou-Rida has stated that he will hold a meeting with the national team players and staff on November 10 to discuss short and long-term goals, which include qualifying for the 2018 World Cup in Russia.
Abou-Rida clarified that he is working closely with Head of the Ministry of Youth and Sports Khaled Abdel-Aziz and Egyptian Football Association President Gamal Allam in order to fulfill the Egyptian’s dream of reaching the World Cup.
The 62-year-old is full of confidence and believes that the Egyptian national team can qualify for the upcoming World Cup, claiming that he has already met with national team manager Héctor Cúper several times in order to listen to and meet his demands.
Abou-Rida concluded by saying,”I will take this responsibility on my shoulders, and I promise that I will try my best to take the national team to the World Cup.”