Alexandrian Smouha SC was stunned by a fifth ACL injury this season...
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
- Sports ministry approves establishment of Egyptian Rugby Union
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Trezeguet features as Genk thrash Mouscron
- Egypt’s Amr Warda scores first goal with PAOK
- Hossam El-Badry denies Ali Maaloul departure rumors
- Gennesh excluded as Incaio announces Zamalek squad for Al Masry clash
Ismaily demand appointment of “courageous” referees
Ismaily sent an official letter to the Egyptian Football Association (EFA) on Tuesday demanding the appointment of “courageous” referees for their matches in the Egyptian Premier League.
The Dervishes lost 1-0 to Dakhleya in the third round of the league, in a game that saw Shikabala’s claim for a penalty in the last minutes turned down.
Ismaily requested in the letter that Essam Abdel-Fattah leave his position as the chairman of the Egyptian referees committee. They also demanded the appointment of referees who are characterized by “impartiality, integrity and courage”.
The Ismailia-based club also mentioned that the technical staff was close to leaving the team because of what they described as a “deliberate” mistake from the Dakhleya’s match referee.
Ismaily coach Ahmed Hossam Mido has expressed his dissatisfaction with the referees’ performance following Dakhleya game.
“Just let us know if you want to limit the competition between Al Ahly and Zamalek only,” Mido said.
Mido handed in his resignation from his post as manager of Ismaily on Monday, before the Dervishes’ board rejected the resignation and announced their support to the former Zamalek player.
Ismaily concluded their letter by announcing that they won’t allow any deliberate error against the team to go unnoticed.