Braga suffered a 3-2 defeat in a thrilling game against third-placed Sporting...
- Dost nets hat-trick in Sporting’s 3-2 win over Braga
- VIDEO: Al Ahly’s winning streak ends with draw against Entag
- Elneny left out of Arsenal’s squad as Gunners lose to Tottenham
- VIDEO: Warda scores in PAOK’s 5-1 win against Kerkyra
- Salah features as Roma lose Derby della Capitale
- EFA fines Inacio and Mido
- Inacio: I am eager to win titles with Zamalek
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
Contractors blame referee for loss against Zamalek
Arab Contractors manager Hassan Shehata blamed the referee Ibrahim Noureldin for his team’s loss against Zamalek.
Shehata expressed his anger from the refereeing, while saying that he is satisfied with his team’s performance.
“We preformed well against Zamalek in the first and the second half, but at the end we lost the three points,” Shehata said.
“Contractors’ loss was because of someone who wasted the players’ effort,” the former Zamalek player added.
Referee Ibrahim Noureldin awarded Zamalek a penalty in the 87th minute that Ahmed Dewidar stepped up for it, and gave the White Knights the lead.
General supervisor of the Contractors’ football sector Mohamed Adel said that there were several incidents during the match that affected the referee’s performance, leading to the loss of the Contractors.
“Today, I have seen things that I haven’t seen for 10 years of working in the football sector. The referee was terrorized by Zamalek players and technical staff,” Adel said.
“The referee heard the worst kind of swear words from Zamalek players and he didn’t do anything, this is very strange. The director of football and technical staff also insulted the referee and he didn’t react, he faced real terrorism in the match,” he concluded.