Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
Contractors blame referee for loss against Zamalek
Arab Contractors manager Hassan Shehata blamed the referee Ibrahim Noureldin for his team’s loss against Zamalek.
Shehata expressed his anger from the refereeing, while saying that he is satisfied with his team’s performance.
“We preformed well against Zamalek in the first and the second half, but at the end we lost the three points,” Shehata said.
“Contractors’ loss was because of someone who wasted the players’ effort,” the former Zamalek player added.
Referee Ibrahim Noureldin awarded Zamalek a penalty in the 87th minute that Ahmed Dewidar stepped up for it, and gave the White Knights the lead.
General supervisor of the Contractors’ football sector Mohamed Adel said that there were several incidents during the match that affected the referee’s performance, leading to the loss of the Contractors.
“Today, I have seen things that I haven’t seen for 10 years of working in the football sector. The referee was terrorized by Zamalek players and technical staff,” Adel said.
“The referee heard the worst kind of swear words from Zamalek players and he didn’t do anything, this is very strange. The director of football and technical staff also insulted the referee and he didn’t react, he faced real terrorism in the match,” he concluded.