Record eight-time champions Al Ahly will face South African outfit Bidvest Wits...
- Al Ahly to face South Africa’s Bidvest Wits in CAF Champions League
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores in Ittihad 2-0 win over Shabab
- Sundowns beat Mazembe to claim first CAF Super Cup title
- Dzeko speaks about partnership with Mohamed Salah
- Coulibaly excluded as Al Ahly announce squad for Contractors clash
- Elmo ready for Hull’s training camp in Portugal
- Tunisia to play two warm-up games for Egypt encounter
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Abdel-Shafy excluded, Morsy plays full 90
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek reach Egypt Cup round of 16
- Veteran Egyptian coach Hassan Shehata confirms South Africa talks
EFA executive director to hold meeting with Minister of Interior’s office
Tharwat Sweilam, executive director of the Egyptian Football Association, will hold a meeting with the office of the Minister of Interior, in order to discuss the preparations for Egypt’s return leg encounter against Chad.
EFA executive director Tharwat Sweilam is expected to hold a meeting on Thursday with Ahmed Bakr, the first assistant to the Minister of Interior, to ensure that preparations for the national team’s match against Chad are up to the required standards.
Egypt host Chad on November 17th, three days after the first leg in N’Djamena, in the penultimate round of qualification for the 2018 World Cup in Russia.
Sweilam has confirmed that the main purpose of the meeting is to allow the fans to re-enter stadiums again.
The EFA recently announced that over 20,000 fans will attend the match, which will be played at the Borg Al-Arab Stadium in Alexandria.
He also added that he is looking forward to a sit-down with Khaled Abdel-Aziz – the Minister of Youth and Sports – before his meeting with Ahmed Bakr.