Zimbabwean forward, Khamat Billiat, is glad that he stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns...
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
- Sundowns midfielder Keagan Dolly: Hard work pays off
- EXCLUSIVE | ZESCO star Clatous Chama on the verge of joining Ittihad of Alexandria
- Egypt draw Zambia and Mali in U-20 Africa Cup of Nations
- OFFICIAL: 75,000 allowed to attend Egypt qualifier against Ghana
- Momen Soliman: the best team won and Fathi could leave in January
- Pitso Mosimane targets Zamalek duo ahead of FIFA Club World Cup
- Mortada Mansour: ‘Magic and sorcery’ cost us
Mido: I always support referees during matches
Ex-Ajax striker and current Ismaily manager Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ has expressed his disappointment at the level of refereeing on display so far in the Egyptian Premier League.
Mido tweeted early on Wednesday saying, “A message to Essam Abdel-Fattah (the President of the Referees Committee): Ask the referees, which manager respects and supports them during matches? “Mido” will be their answer.”
“What does Essam Abdel-Fattah expect after we were ‘slaughtered’ by referees in two consecutive matches out of three? Should we stand by helplessly, or ask for fair refereeing? That’s all what we’re calling for,” he continued.
“Finally, I hope that Essam understands that when I talk about anything [related to refereeing], my only interest is the well-being of Egyptian football, nothing else,” he concluded.
It is worth mentioning that Mido withdrew his resignation as Ismaily manager earlier this week.