Egypt national team coach Hector Cuper praised AS Roma’s winger Mohamed Salah...
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
- VIDEO: Egypt’s locals national team defeat Benin
- Ghanaian officials banned for sexual harassment
- Mortada: Alain Giresse has agreed to manage Zamalek
- Volleyball: Al Ahly crowned African champions
- Egypt’s general prosecutor reopens the Air Defence Stadium case
Mido: I always support referees during matches
Ex-Ajax striker and current Ismaily manager Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ has expressed his disappointment at the level of refereeing on display so far in the Egyptian Premier League.
Mido tweeted early on Wednesday saying, “A message to Essam Abdel-Fattah (the President of the Referees Committee): Ask the referees, which manager respects and supports them during matches? “Mido” will be their answer.”
“What does Essam Abdel-Fattah expect after we were ‘slaughtered’ by referees in two consecutive matches out of three? Should we stand by helplessly, or ask for fair refereeing? That’s all what we’re calling for,” he continued.
“Finally, I hope that Essam understands that when I talk about anything [related to refereeing], my only interest is the well-being of Egyptian football, nothing else,” he concluded.
It is worth mentioning that Mido withdrew his resignation as Ismaily manager earlier this week.