Former Zamalek coach, Momen Soliman, showed his dissatisfaction towards describing the 2016 CAF Champions...
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
Mido: I always support referees during matches
Ex-Ajax striker and current Ismaily manager Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ has expressed his disappointment at the level of refereeing on display so far in the Egyptian Premier League.
Mido tweeted early on Wednesday saying, “A message to Essam Abdel-Fattah (the President of the Referees Committee): Ask the referees, which manager respects and supports them during matches? “Mido” will be their answer.”
“What does Essam Abdel-Fattah expect after we were ‘slaughtered’ by referees in two consecutive matches out of three? Should we stand by helplessly, or ask for fair refereeing? That’s all what we’re calling for,” he continued.
“Finally, I hope that Essam understands that when I talk about anything [related to refereeing], my only interest is the well-being of Egyptian football, nothing else,” he concluded.
It is worth mentioning that Mido withdrew his resignation as Ismaily manager earlier this week.