Roma progressed to the next round of the Europa League despite falling...
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
Mido: I always support referees during matches
Ex-Ajax striker and current Ismaily manager Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ has expressed his disappointment at the level of refereeing on display so far in the Egyptian Premier League.
Mido tweeted early on Wednesday saying, “A message to Essam Abdel-Fattah (the President of the Referees Committee): Ask the referees, which manager respects and supports them during matches? “Mido” will be their answer.”
“What does Essam Abdel-Fattah expect after we were ‘slaughtered’ by referees in two consecutive matches out of three? Should we stand by helplessly, or ask for fair refereeing? That’s all what we’re calling for,” he continued.
“Finally, I hope that Essam understands that when I talk about anything [related to refereeing], my only interest is the well-being of Egyptian football, nothing else,” he concluded.
It is worth mentioning that Mido withdrew his resignation as Ismaily manager earlier this week.