Zamalek have reportedly refused to let their player Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh join the Egyptian locals national...
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
Salah: I like to play in the Champions League
Photo: Gregorio Borgia/AP
After his opening goal lifted his side in taking all three points from German giants, Leverkusen, the 23-year-old attacking midfielder gave his thoughts on the match.
“I think it’s very important for us. I like to play in the Champions League, and I hope we can win the next two games,” Salah said, after he was asked about Roma’s first Champions League win this season.
Roma’s last match against the German club on Oct. 20 ended in a 4-4 draw and saw Roma squander a two-goal lead.
When asked why Roma were able to hold their lead, Salah quickly admitted the team did not start the second half well and almost saw Bayer stage a come back after equalizing in the 51st minute.
“The most important thing was to win, and that is why the third goal was very important,” he said.
Roma are in second place with five points after yesterday’s win but trail Barcelona by five points. They face off against the Catalan club next on Nov. 24.
Salah called last year’s champions a “tough side” and said the team would need a good result when they meet.
With only two matches remaining in the group stage, Salah admitted his club shouldn’t celebrate yet.
“We have to win, then we will see what Leverkusen accomplish,” he said. “We will see.”
Roma face off against S.S Lazio on Sunday in Serie A.