Egyptian International Ahmed Hassan Koka featured as SC Braga secured a narrow...
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
Salah: I like to play in the Champions League
Photo: Gregorio Borgia/AP
After his opening goal lifted his side in taking all three points from German giants, Leverkusen, the 23-year-old attacking midfielder gave his thoughts on the match.
“I think it’s very important for us. I like to play in the Champions League, and I hope we can win the next two games,” Salah said, after he was asked about Roma’s first Champions League win this season.
Roma’s last match against the German club on Oct. 20 ended in a 4-4 draw and saw Roma squander a two-goal lead.
When asked why Roma were able to hold their lead, Salah quickly admitted the team did not start the second half well and almost saw Bayer stage a come back after equalizing in the 51st minute.
“The most important thing was to win, and that is why the third goal was very important,” he said.
Roma are in second place with five points after yesterday’s win but trail Barcelona by five points. They face off against the Catalan club next on Nov. 24.
Salah called last year’s champions a “tough side” and said the team would need a good result when they meet.
With only two matches remaining in the group stage, Salah admitted his club shouldn’t celebrate yet.
“We have to win, then we will see what Leverkusen accomplish,” he said. “We will see.”
Roma face off against S.S Lazio on Sunday in Serie A.