KingFut continues to round up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup...
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
Salah: I like to play in the Champions League
Photo: Gregorio Borgia/AP
After his opening goal lifted his side in taking all three points from German giants, Leverkusen, the 23-year-old attacking midfielder gave his thoughts on the match.
“I think it’s very important for us. I like to play in the Champions League, and I hope we can win the next two games,” Salah said, after he was asked about Roma’s first Champions League win this season.
Roma’s last match against the German club on Oct. 20 ended in a 4-4 draw and saw Roma squander a two-goal lead.
When asked why Roma were able to hold their lead, Salah quickly admitted the team did not start the second half well and almost saw Bayer stage a come back after equalizing in the 51st minute.
“The most important thing was to win, and that is why the third goal was very important,” he said.
Roma are in second place with five points after yesterday’s win but trail Barcelona by five points. They face off against the Catalan club next on Nov. 24.
Salah called last year’s champions a “tough side” and said the team would need a good result when they meet.
With only two matches remaining in the group stage, Salah admitted his club shouldn’t celebrate yet.
“We have to win, then we will see what Leverkusen accomplish,” he said. “We will see.”
Roma face off against S.S Lazio on Sunday in Serie A.