Al Ahly defender Saad Samir commented on the club’s match against Bidvest Wits in the...
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
- Mido: African football will not move forward with referees like Lamptey
- Massimo Busacca tutors Egyptian officials on video assistance technology
- Volleyball: Red Devils beat Ahli Benghazi 3-1 in African Club Championship
- Former Belgium coach Marc Wilmots appointed Ivory Coast manager
- Salah’s AS Roma announce United States summer tour
Sayed Abdel-Hafiz: Refereeing was flawed
Misr El-Maqassa handed Al Ahly their first loss of the season on Thursday, and Abdel-Hafiz had his fair share of criticism for referee El-Banna.
“Refereeing mistakes are a possibility. Ibrahim Nour El-Din made a mistake yesterday, same thing goes for El-Banna tonight.”
“This doesn’t take anything away from the referee’s quality, it happens, and such mistakes won’t affect us.” he added.
“The referee gave five extra minutes even though the game was interrupted for nearly 70 minutes.”
Regarding the team display, he explained, “Peseiro has a good chance to get to know the team better during the international break.”
“We’ll take advantage of that break to fix our mistakes. We have a good chance ahead of us,” he concluded.