Al Ahly football manager Sayed Abdel-Hafiz announced the team’s CAF Champions League...
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
- Ekramy leaves Egypt training session because of hamstring injury
- AFCON Roundup: Group A teams share spoils
- EXCLUSIVE: Chinese club in negotiations to sign Aly Ghazal
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Sam Morsy features, Lierse draw
- Zamalek and Ismaily handed transfer bans
Sayed Abdel-Hafiz: Refereeing was flawed
Sayed Abdel-Hafiz, Al Ahly’s director of football, criticised referee Mahmoud el-Banna in his post match comments after the defeat to Misr El-Maqassa on Thursday.
Misr El-Maqassa handed Al Ahly their first loss of the season on Thursday, and Abdel-Hafiz had his fair share of criticism for referee El-Banna.
“Refereeing mistakes are a possibility. Ibrahim Nour El-Din made a mistake yesterday, same thing goes for El-Banna tonight.”
“This doesn’t take anything away from the referee’s quality, it happens, and such mistakes won’t affect us.” he added.
“The referee gave five extra minutes even though the game was interrupted for nearly 70 minutes.”
Regarding the team display, he explained, “Peseiro has a good chance to get to know the team better during the international break.”
“We’ll take advantage of that break to fix our mistakes. We have a good chance ahead of us,” he concluded.