Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha has been chosen to take part in a...
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
Sayed Abdel-Hafiz: Refereeing was flawed
Sayed Abdel-Hafiz, Al Ahly’s director of football, criticised referee Mahmoud el-Banna in his post match comments after the defeat to Misr El-Maqassa on Thursday.
Misr El-Maqassa handed Al Ahly their first loss of the season on Thursday, and Abdel-Hafiz had his fair share of criticism for referee El-Banna.
“Refereeing mistakes are a possibility. Ibrahim Nour El-Din made a mistake yesterday, same thing goes for El-Banna tonight.”
“This doesn’t take anything away from the referee’s quality, it happens, and such mistakes won’t affect us.” he added.
“The referee gave five extra minutes even though the game was interrupted for nearly 70 minutes.”
Regarding the team display, he explained, “Peseiro has a good chance to get to know the team better during the international break.”
“We’ll take advantage of that break to fix our mistakes. We have a good chance ahead of us,” he concluded.