Elneny was an usused substitute for Arsenal, while Ramadan Sobhi featured for...
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
Sayed Abdel-Hafiz: Refereeing was flawed
Sayed Abdel-Hafiz, Al Ahly’s director of football, criticised referee Mahmoud el-Banna in his post match comments after the defeat to Misr El-Maqassa on Thursday.
Misr El-Maqassa handed Al Ahly their first loss of the season on Thursday, and Abdel-Hafiz had his fair share of criticism for referee El-Banna.
“Refereeing mistakes are a possibility. Ibrahim Nour El-Din made a mistake yesterday, same thing goes for El-Banna tonight.”
“This doesn’t take anything away from the referee’s quality, it happens, and such mistakes won’t affect us.” he added.
“The referee gave five extra minutes even though the game was interrupted for nearly 70 minutes.”
Regarding the team display, he explained, “Peseiro has a good chance to get to know the team better during the international break.”
“We’ll take advantage of that break to fix our mistakes. We have a good chance ahead of us,” he concluded.