Egypt giants Al Ahly have announced the date for their encounter with Zambian...
- Al Ahly set date for Zanaco Champions League encounter
- EXCLUSIVE | Ngoufonja to challenge Abou Rida in race to FIFA Council
- VIDEO: Elneny takes behind the goal shot challenge with ChrisMD
- PAOK to face AEK in Greek Cup final
- Five thousand allowed to attend Al Ahly’s CAFCL games
- Former Gabon international Moïse Brou Apanga dead at 35
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
- Tunisia confirm Nabil Maaloul as new head coach
- Al Ahly’s games vs Entag, El-Geish, Nasr postponed
Sayed Abdel-Hafiz: Refereeing was flawed
Sayed Abdel-Hafiz, Al Ahly’s director of football, criticised referee Mahmoud el-Banna in his post match comments after the defeat to Misr El-Maqassa on Thursday.
Misr El-Maqassa handed Al Ahly their first loss of the season on Thursday, and Abdel-Hafiz had his fair share of criticism for referee El-Banna.
“Refereeing mistakes are a possibility. Ibrahim Nour El-Din made a mistake yesterday, same thing goes for El-Banna tonight.”
“This doesn’t take anything away from the referee’s quality, it happens, and such mistakes won’t affect us.” he added.
“The referee gave five extra minutes even though the game was interrupted for nearly 70 minutes.”
Regarding the team display, he explained, “Peseiro has a good chance to get to know the team better during the international break.”
“We’ll take advantage of that break to fix our mistakes. We have a good chance ahead of us,” he concluded.