Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim ‘Kahraba’ scored once as Al Ittihad overcame a one-goal deficit...
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores as Al Ittihad come back to defeat Al Faisaly
- De Sciglio: Roma will be dangerous despite missing Mohamed Salah
- Elmohamady features in thrilling 3-3 draw against Crystal Palace
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
Ghana striker Majeed Waris banned for six matches
Guingamp winger Jimmy Briand tackled Waris and the Ghanaian was not given a foul so he reacted by tackling the player who had taken him down earlier in a bizarre way, which resulted in a straight red card.
The accident earned Waris two games suspension but LFP’s disciplinary committee extended his suspension to six games following his reaction on the sidelines which saw him kicking the water bottles before leaving the pitch angrily.
“It was a crazy moment and I acted unprofessionally,” Abdul Majeed Waris told BBC Sport.
“I apologise to everyone and hope to return both stronger and wiser.
“In hindsight I couldn’t believe what I’d done because I have never been so angry in my life or reacted so badly,” he added.
“No matter what I say I now, I simply cannot justify my actions but I will definitely learn from my mistakes.”
The game ended in a 2-2 draw which kept Lorient in the 9th place with 17 points from 12 games.
The 24-year-old Ghanaian striker joined Lorient this summer from the Turkish side Trabzonspor for a fee reported to be around €5 million.