Egypt giants Al Ahly have announced the date for their encounter with Zambian...
- Al Ahly set date for Zanaco Champions League encounter
- EXCLUSIVE | Ngoufonja to challenge Abou Rida in race to FIFA Council
- VIDEO: Elneny takes behind the goal shot challenge with ChrisMD
- PAOK to face AEK in Greek Cup final
- Five thousand allowed to attend Al Ahly’s CAFCL games
- Former Gabon international Moïse Brou Apanga dead at 35
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
- Tunisia confirm Nabil Maaloul as new head coach
- Al Ahly’s games vs Entag, El-Geish, Nasr postponed
Ghana striker Majeed Waris banned for six matches
Guingamp winger Jimmy Briand tackled Waris and the Ghanaian was not given a foul so he reacted by tackling the player who had taken him down earlier in a bizarre way, which resulted in a straight red card.
The accident earned Waris two games suspension but LFP’s disciplinary committee extended his suspension to six games following his reaction on the sidelines which saw him kicking the water bottles before leaving the pitch angrily.
“It was a crazy moment and I acted unprofessionally,” Abdul Majeed Waris told BBC Sport.
“I apologise to everyone and hope to return both stronger and wiser.
“In hindsight I couldn’t believe what I’d done because I have never been so angry in my life or reacted so badly,” he added.
“No matter what I say I now, I simply cannot justify my actions but I will definitely learn from my mistakes.”
The game ended in a 2-2 draw which kept Lorient in the 9th place with 17 points from 12 games.
The 24-year-old Ghanaian striker joined Lorient this summer from the Turkish side Trabzonspor for a fee reported to be around €5 million.