Here is the KingFut roundup of the results in the second matchday...
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- Baba Rahman out for the rest of the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- El Hadary: I’m happy with everything but I want more
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
- Hector Cuper: Our group is now more complicated
Ismaily celebrate Egyptian referee’s demotion to second division
Mohamed Hefny, the referee in charge of the match between Ismaily and Dakhleya, has been officially demoted to the second division.
Mohamed Hefny has been demoted to the second division of Egyptian football, following his contentious decisions during the match between Mido’s Ismaily and joint-second Dakhleya. As a result, the Egyptian Football Association (EFA) has taken action against the referee.
Ismaily manager Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ criticised referees’ performances during his team’s matches in the Egyptian Premier League this season, following their 0-1 loss at home against Dakhleya.
“It is my first time since I started coaching to comment on the refereeing. There are question marks on the referees’ performance, I hope that Essam Abdel-Fatah will look at this issue,” Mido said in a televised interview last Sunday.
Ismaily SC’s official twitter account have tweeted about his demotion, and have expressed satisfaction with the EFA’s decision, due to the injustices they claim they experienced.