AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
Ismaily celebrate Egyptian referee’s demotion to second division
Mohamed Hefny, the referee in charge of the match between Ismaily and Dakhleya, has been officially demoted to the second division.
Mohamed Hefny has been demoted to the second division of Egyptian football, following his contentious decisions during the match between Mido’s Ismaily and joint-second Dakhleya. As a result, the Egyptian Football Association (EFA) has taken action against the referee.
Ismaily manager Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ criticised referees’ performances during his team’s matches in the Egyptian Premier League this season, following their 0-1 loss at home against Dakhleya.
“It is my first time since I started coaching to comment on the refereeing. There are question marks on the referees’ performance, I hope that Essam Abdel-Fatah will look at this issue,” Mido said in a televised interview last Sunday.
Ismaily SC’s official twitter account have tweeted about his demotion, and have expressed satisfaction with the EFA’s decision, due to the injustices they claim they experienced.