Zamalek board member Hani Zada expressed his happiness that the club was drawn into...
- Hani Zada: Zamalek have a good record against Arab teams
- Hossam El-Badry: Club World Cup return is our aim
- Al Ahly, Zamalek opponents in CAFCL group stages revealed
- Smouha in Group C as CAFCC draw announced
- Dodo El-Gabbas scores and assists in Lierse win over Union SG
- Ramadan Sobhi reveals effect of AFCON on Stoke career
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
Ismaily celebrate Egyptian referee’s demotion to second division
Mohamed Hefny, the referee in charge of the match between Ismaily and Dakhleya, has been officially demoted to the second division.
Mohamed Hefny has been demoted to the second division of Egyptian football, following his contentious decisions during the match between Mido’s Ismaily and joint-second Dakhleya. As a result, the Egyptian Football Association (EFA) has taken action against the referee.
Ismaily manager Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ criticised referees’ performances during his team’s matches in the Egyptian Premier League this season, following their 0-1 loss at home against Dakhleya.
“It is my first time since I started coaching to comment on the refereeing. There are question marks on the referees’ performance, I hope that Essam Abdel-Fatah will look at this issue,” Mido said in a televised interview last Sunday.
Ismaily SC’s official twitter account have tweeted about his demotion, and have expressed satisfaction with the EFA’s decision, due to the injustices they claim they experienced.