The Ahly handball team beat their Zamalek counterparts, without legend Ahmed El...
- HANDBALL: Ahly beats Zamalek in league encounter
- VIDEO: Hossam Paulo scores as Zamalek down Nasr Lel Ta’adeen
- Mido: Gent was special for me, English football suited me
- AS Roma to face Olympique Lyonnais in Europa League
- Smouha set date for Ulinzi Stars clash
- El-Hadary: I apologise to everyone at Wadi Degla
- Essam El-Hadary: I may leave Wadi Degla
- Former teammate talks about ‘scissors’ incident between Mido and Zlatan
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
Ismaily celebrate Egyptian referee’s demotion to second division
Mohamed Hefny, the referee in charge of the match between Ismaily and Dakhleya, has been officially demoted to the second division.
Mohamed Hefny has been demoted to the second division of Egyptian football, following his contentious decisions during the match between Mido’s Ismaily and joint-second Dakhleya. As a result, the Egyptian Football Association (EFA) has taken action against the referee.
Ismaily manager Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ criticised referees’ performances during his team’s matches in the Egyptian Premier League this season, following their 0-1 loss at home against Dakhleya.
“It is my first time since I started coaching to comment on the refereeing. There are question marks on the referees’ performance, I hope that Essam Abdel-Fatah will look at this issue,” Mido said in a televised interview last Sunday.
Ismaily SC’s official twitter account have tweeted about his demotion, and have expressed satisfaction with the EFA’s decision, due to the injustices they claim they experienced.