Egypt international and Al-Ittihad winger Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim Kahraba talked about his recent...
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
- Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed snubbed from Beach AFCON Egypt squad
- PHOTOS: Zamalek inform EFA of their decision to forfeit the league
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
Koka features as Marseille avenge previous loss to Braga
In-form Egypt international Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ featured for Braga, as they lost 1-0 to Marseille at the Stade Velodrome in the UEFA Europa League.
Braga defeated Marseille 3-2 in Portugal, in late October, but the Primeira Liga outfit could not achieve the same result away from home.
In a rather hasty affair, former Nantes youngster Georges-Kevin N’Koudou managed to break the deadlock a few minutes before half time. After getting the ball , he scampered quickly along the turf to place a clever shot from the right to beat the Braga keeper comfortably.
After the break, Marseille continued to push, with Lucas Ocampos & Michy Batshuayi both missing good chances.
Braga manager Paulo Fonseca decided to make changes, as he took off Koka in the 67th minute, with Cameroonian international Nicholas N’Koulou successfully negating the threat of the young Egyptian striker.
As the match drew to a close, Braga could not find the equaliser as Marseille took all three points at home.
Braga maintain their lead in Group F with nine points, just two ahead of Czech side Slovan Liberec, three ahead of Marseille, and eight points ahead of Dutch side FC Groiningen (1 point).