After more than three years of absence, the Arab Champions League is...
- Arab Champions League to return next summer in Egypt
- Warda features as Panetolikos lose to Levadiakos
- Egypt seeded third for Africa U-20 Cup of Nations draw
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
- Eric Otogo-Castane to referee Egypt-Ghana WC qualifier
- Men’s World Squash Championship draw released
- Hull Tigers Academy prospect Ahmed Salam bags hat-trick in U18 game
- Gaber’s FC Basel battle back to draw against Lugano
- Zamalek manager says back-up keeper Gennesh to start against Sundowns
Koka features as Marseille avenge previous loss to Braga
In-form Egypt international Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ featured for Braga, as they lost 1-0 to Marseille at the Stade Velodrome in the UEFA Europa League.
Braga defeated Marseille 3-2 in Portugal, in late October, but the Primeira Liga outfit could not achieve the same result away from home.
In a rather hasty affair, former Nantes youngster Georges-Kevin N’Koudou managed to break the deadlock a few minutes before half time. After getting the ball , he scampered quickly along the turf to place a clever shot from the right to beat the Braga keeper comfortably.
After the break, Marseille continued to push, with Lucas Ocampos & Michy Batshuayi both missing good chances.
Braga manager Paulo Fonseca decided to make changes, as he took off Koka in the 67th minute, with Cameroonian international Nicholas N’Koulou successfully negating the threat of the young Egyptian striker.
As the match drew to a close, Braga could not find the equaliser as Marseille took all three points at home.
Braga maintain their lead in Group F with nine points, just two ahead of Czech side Slovan Liberec, three ahead of Marseille, and eight points ahead of Dutch side FC Groiningen (1 point).