Wadi Degla manager Ahmed Hossam ”Mido” has revealed that Al Ahly forward Emad...
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
Peseiro: Maqassa were lucky to win
In his post-match press conference, Peseiro made it very clear that he thought El-Maqassa were lucky to win. ” I think we wasted so many chances. Not only today, but in the four league games we’ve played so far,” he said.
“We had many chances to score, Maqassa had only one chance and they converted it. I think we were unlucky to lose.” he added.
“We fought till the very last minute to change the result but we failed. Football isn’t about chances, it’s about turning them into goals. The team who converts wins; that’s why they won.
“Having big numbers attacking doesn’t always help you win or score. We played before with one attacker and scored plenty of goals; unlike tonight.
“I need more time with Al Ahly to get the team well prepared; we definitely have to play a better level of football in the upcoming games,” Peseiro concluded.
It’s worth noting that Al Ahly sit third in the league,now tied with Dakhleya with nine points after losing the lead to Zamalek.