Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim ‘Kahraba’ scored once as Al Ittihad overcame a one-goal deficit...
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores as Al Ittihad come back to defeat Al Faisaly
- De Sciglio: Roma will be dangerous despite missing Mohamed Salah
- Elmohamady features in thrilling 3-3 draw against Crystal Palace
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
Peseiro: Maqassa were lucky to win
In his post-match press conference, Peseiro made it very clear that he thought El-Maqassa were lucky to win. ” I think we wasted so many chances. Not only today, but in the four league games we’ve played so far,” he said.
“We had many chances to score, Maqassa had only one chance and they converted it. I think we were unlucky to lose.” he added.
“We fought till the very last minute to change the result but we failed. Football isn’t about chances, it’s about turning them into goals. The team who converts wins; that’s why they won.
“Having big numbers attacking doesn’t always help you win or score. We played before with one attacker and scored plenty of goals; unlike tonight.
“I need more time with Al Ahly to get the team well prepared; we definitely have to play a better level of football in the upcoming games,” Peseiro concluded.
It’s worth noting that Al Ahly sit third in the league,now tied with Dakhleya with nine points after losing the lead to Zamalek.