Roma grabbed a fantastic 3-1 away win over Inter Milan at the...
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
Peseiro: Maqassa were lucky to win
In his post-match press conference, Peseiro made it very clear that he thought El-Maqassa were lucky to win. ” I think we wasted so many chances. Not only today, but in the four league games we’ve played so far,” he said.
“We had many chances to score, Maqassa had only one chance and they converted it. I think we were unlucky to lose.” he added.
“We fought till the very last minute to change the result but we failed. Football isn’t about chances, it’s about turning them into goals. The team who converts wins; that’s why they won.
“Having big numbers attacking doesn’t always help you win or score. We played before with one attacker and scored plenty of goals; unlike tonight.
“I need more time with Al Ahly to get the team well prepared; we definitely have to play a better level of football in the upcoming games,” Peseiro concluded.
It’s worth noting that Al Ahly sit third in the league,now tied with Dakhleya with nine points after losing the lead to Zamalek.