Egypt have been seeded in pot 3 for the 2017 Africa U-20...
- Egypt seeded third for Africa U-20 Cup of Nations draw
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
- Eric Otogo-Castane to referee Egypt-Ghana WC qualifier
- Men’s World Squash Championship draw released
- Hull Tigers Academy prospect Ahmed Salam bags hat-trick in U18 game
- Gaber’s FC Basel battle back to draw against Lugano
- Zamalek manager says back-up keeper Gennesh to start against Sundowns
- Hamoudi: The players did what they had to do, no one held back
- Mido gives outrageous vow if Zamalek win CAF Champions League
Peseiro: Maqassa were lucky to win
In his post-match press conference, Peseiro made it very clear that he thought El-Maqassa were lucky to win. ” I think we wasted so many chances. Not only today, but in the four league games we’ve played so far,” he said.
“We had many chances to score, Maqassa had only one chance and they converted it. I think we were unlucky to lose.” he added.
“We fought till the very last minute to change the result but we failed. Football isn’t about chances, it’s about turning them into goals. The team who converts wins; that’s why they won.
“Having big numbers attacking doesn’t always help you win or score. We played before with one attacker and scored plenty of goals; unlike tonight.
“I need more time with Al Ahly to get the team well prepared; we definitely have to play a better level of football in the upcoming games,” Peseiro concluded.
It’s worth noting that Al Ahly sit third in the league,now tied with Dakhleya with nine points after losing the lead to Zamalek.