A Sherif Ekramy penalty save in the dying seconds of the match...
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
Egypt finish 4th at the 2015 Beach Soccer Intercontinental Cup
The two teams finished the match with a draw 2-2, however, Egypt lost 3-2 on penalties to Iran in the play-off match for third place.
The Pharaohs qualified from the group stage after beating UAE 3-2 and Argentina 7-6, while losing to Russia 5-1. In the semi-finals, Egypt were knocked out by Tahiti after losing 8-5 while Asia’s champions were beaten by Russia 4-1.
The technical staff thanked the players for their efforts and performance in the tournament that took place in Dubai, UAE with the participation of eight teams and for finishing in fourth place for the first time.
Egypt striker Mohamed Gamal was named the tournament’s top scorer.