Defending champions Zamalek have advanced to Egypt Cup quarter-final after beating second-tier...
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek advance to Egypt Cup quarters
- SQUASH: El-Shorbagy brothers to meet in Windy City quarter-finals
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
Egypt finish 4th at the 2015 Beach Soccer Intercontinental Cup
The two teams finished the match with a draw 2-2, however, Egypt lost 3-2 on penalties to Iran in the play-off match for third place.
The Pharaohs qualified from the group stage after beating UAE 3-2 and Argentina 7-6, while losing to Russia 5-1. In the semi-finals, Egypt were knocked out by Tahiti after losing 8-5 while Asia’s champions were beaten by Russia 4-1.
The technical staff thanked the players for their efforts and performance in the tournament that took place in Dubai, UAE with the participation of eight teams and for finishing in fourth place for the first time.
Egypt striker Mohamed Gamal was named the tournament’s top scorer.