Ghana coach Avram Grant has demanded the allowance of replacing injured players in...
- Avram Grant demands injured players’ replacement in AFCON
- Zamalek reject Torino’s offer for Mostafa Fathi
- Malang Diédhiou appointed as referee for Egypt-Uganda game
- Roma cruise past Sampdoria to reach quarter-finals
- Elmohamady: Uganda’s match is very important
- EXCLUSIVE: Union Española turn down Zamalek bid for Carlos Salom
- Burkina Faso duo Pitroipa, Zongo to miss rest of AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Guinea-Bissau’s Abel Camara: We feel like heroes
- Uganda defender Wasswa: We’re not afraid of Egypt
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
HANDBALL: Zamalek clinch tough victory over Al Ahly
Zamalek were victorious over rivals Al Ahly 30-29 in the Egyptian League, in their postponed match from matchday three.
Just one week after Zamalek achieved a massive victory over their rivals in this years African Nations Cup competition, the Whites asserted their superiority over Al Ahly with a hard-fought win.
The match was well played by both sides but Zamalek, who were behind most of the second half, came out victorious.
Zamalek stars Hassan Yousry and Ahmed El-Ahmar were the driving force for Whites, and it was Hassan Yousry who earned his side’s victory with a late goal.
In the end, the African champions emerged with the two points, leaving their bitter rivals empty-handed.