Egypt’s Minister of Youth and Sports Khaled Abdel-Aziz has officially approved on...
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
- Sports ministry approves establishment of Egyptian Rugby Union
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Trezeguet features as Genk thrash Mouscron
- Egypt’s Amr Warda scores first goal with PAOK
- Hossam El-Badry denies Ali Maaloul departure rumors
- Gennesh excluded as Incaio announces Zamalek squad for Al Masry clash
- Handball: Al Ahly win Africa Cup Winners’ Cup Championship
- Gaber starts in thrilling 2-2 draw against Vaduz
- Ramadan Sobhi’s Stoke fall 2-0 to Swansea City
- 10-man Hull City cruise past Watford with ease
HANDBALL: Zamalek clinch tough victory over Al Ahly
Zamalek were victorious over rivals Al Ahly 30-29 in the Egyptian League, in their postponed match from matchday three.
Just one week after Zamalek achieved a massive victory over their rivals in this years African Nations Cup competition, the Whites asserted their superiority over Al Ahly with a hard-fought win.
The match was well played by both sides but Zamalek, who were behind most of the second half, came out victorious.
Zamalek stars Hassan Yousry and Ahmed El-Ahmar were the driving force for Whites, and it was Hassan Yousry who earned his side’s victory with a late goal.
In the end, the African champions emerged with the two points, leaving their bitter rivals empty-handed.