Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
Mido: Cúper’s squad choices are not rational
The Argentinean coach called up 19 players from Al Ahly and Zamalek in addition to players from abroad to participate in the team’s training camp before the matches on November 14 and 17.
“With all due respect to Cúper’s choices, it’s not rational to call the players from abroad in addition to Al Ahly and Zamalek players only,” the young coach expressed his disappointment to Sada El Balad TV channel.
Mido thinks there are three players from Ismaily who should have been called by Cúper: “I can only excuse these choices because the league is still in the early stages,” he said.
The Yellow Dragons are currently in fifth place with 7 points, after beating Haras El Hodod in their last league match.