Group A matches have finally come to closure and it has seen...
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
Falkenbergs survive relegation
Falkenbergs FF will remain in the Swedish topflight ‘Allsvenskan’ after surviving a relegation play-off against Sirius.
Alexander Jakobsen’s side finished 14th in the Swedish Premier League table gaining a chance for avoiding relegation through a two-legged play-off against the team finishing third in the second tier.
Falkenbergs secured a 1-1 home draw against Sirius to win on away goals with an aggregate score 3-3.
Alexander was an unused sub in the home game as his side came from behind to earn the crucial 1-1 draw.
The Danish-Egyptian had started the away game however, and was involved in the build-up to his side’s second goal before being replaced in the 76th minute.
Jakobsen appeared 17 times for Falkenbergs in the league this season scoring two goals.