Mohamed Salah came in as a second half substitute but could not help...
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
- Egypt’s assistant coach says Pharaohs won’t rely on history
- Sada Cruzeiro beat El-Gaish in Volleyball Club World Championship
- Sundowns manager Pitso Mosimane believes it’s not over yet
- Mohamed Zidan satisfied with 2017 AFCON Draw
- Osama Nabih: Ghana’s match is the most important in history of Egyptian football
Ferreira and Zamalek fined by EFA
The Egyptian Football Federation (EFA) decided to fine Zamalek club and coach Jesualdo Ferreira as the Portuguese manager did not attend the press conference held after the team’s match against Arab Contractors.
Hassan Shehata, Arab Contractors coach, was also not going to attend the press conference, however, he attended after negotiations. The conference was canceled eventually when Ferreira did not show up.
The competitions committee said that Ferreira will have to pay 15,000 Egyptian Pounds since he did not attend the press conference. Also, the committee hit Zamalek with a 5,000 Egyptian Pounds fine as a number of unauthorized individuals were present on the pitch.