Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
Ferreira and Zamalek fined by EFA
The Egyptian Football Federation (EFA) decided to fine Zamalek club and coach Jesualdo Ferreira as the Portuguese manager did not attend the press conference held after the team’s match against Arab Contractors.
Hassan Shehata, Arab Contractors coach, was also not going to attend the press conference, however, he attended after negotiations. The conference was canceled eventually when Ferreira did not show up.
The competitions committee said that Ferreira will have to pay 15,000 Egyptian Pounds since he did not attend the press conference. Also, the committee hit Zamalek with a 5,000 Egyptian Pounds fine as a number of unauthorized individuals were present on the pitch.