The Bureau of the FIFA Council managed to agree on a proposed...
- Zlatko Dalić reveals two reasons standing in his way from coaching Zamalek
- Al Ahly: Hefty fines awaiting players breaching media ban
- Al Masry train on Port Said Stadium for first time since 2012 massacre
- Adebayor: Egypt are getting closer to reaching World Cup
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
- EFA fines El-Maqassa, Al Masry following their league match
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
Ghaly: We are determined to reach World Cup
Egyptian national team captain Hossam Ghaly said that all the team members are determined to reach the World Cup, while asserting that Mohamed Salah’s injury is a loss to the team.
Ghaly was called up for the national team squad to face Chad in the 2018 World Cup qualifiers in November.
“Any player dreams of playing in the biggest tournament in the world and that’s what all the players are aiming at,” Ghaly said to the Egyptian Football Association’s (EFA) website.
“The national team players have the will to achieve everyone’s dream, we are determined to overcome all the obstacles we face,” he added.
The 33-year-old player said that the national team’s managerial staff, with the help of the EFA’s president Gamal Allam, provide the players with whatever needed for the success of the team.
Ghaly also spoke about Salah’s recent injury with AS Roma in the Roma-Lazio derby on Sunday and how big of a loss it is for the national team.
“Egypt will miss Salah’s services in both qualifying matches against Chad and I hope he recovers quickly,” he added.