Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
Ghaly: We are determined to reach World Cup
Egyptian national team captain Hossam Ghaly said that all the team members are determined to reach the World Cup, while asserting that Mohamed Salah’s injury is a loss to the team.
Ghaly was called up for the national team squad to face Chad in the 2018 World Cup qualifiers in November.
“Any player dreams of playing in the biggest tournament in the world and that’s what all the players are aiming at,” Ghaly said to the Egyptian Football Association’s (EFA) website.
“The national team players have the will to achieve everyone’s dream, we are determined to overcome all the obstacles we face,” he added.
The 33-year-old player said that the national team’s managerial staff, with the help of the EFA’s president Gamal Allam, provide the players with whatever needed for the success of the team.
“Egypt will miss Salah’s services in both qualifying matches against Chad and I hope he recovers quickly,” he added.