KingFut rounds up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup of...
- AFCON Roundup: Tunisia reach quarter finals, Algeria eliminated
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
Ghaly: We are determined to reach World Cup
Egyptian national team captain Hossam Ghaly said that all the team members are determined to reach the World Cup, while asserting that Mohamed Salah’s injury is a loss to the team.
Ghaly was called up for the national team squad to face Chad in the 2018 World Cup qualifiers in November.
“Any player dreams of playing in the biggest tournament in the world and that’s what all the players are aiming at,” Ghaly said to the Egyptian Football Association’s (EFA) website.
“The national team players have the will to achieve everyone’s dream, we are determined to overcome all the obstacles we face,” he added.
The 33-year-old player said that the national team’s managerial staff, with the help of the EFA’s president Gamal Allam, provide the players with whatever needed for the success of the team.
Ghaly also spoke about Salah’s recent injury with AS Roma in the Roma-Lazio derby on Sunday and how big of a loss it is for the national team.
“Egypt will miss Salah’s services in both qualifying matches against Chad and I hope he recovers quickly,” he added.