Elneny was an usused substitute for Arsenal, while Ramadan Sobhi featured for...
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
Ghaly: We are determined to reach World Cup
Egyptian national team captain Hossam Ghaly said that all the team members are determined to reach the World Cup, while asserting that Mohamed Salah’s injury is a loss to the team.
Ghaly was called up for the national team squad to face Chad in the 2018 World Cup qualifiers in November.
“Any player dreams of playing in the biggest tournament in the world and that’s what all the players are aiming at,” Ghaly said to the Egyptian Football Association’s (EFA) website.
“The national team players have the will to achieve everyone’s dream, we are determined to overcome all the obstacles we face,” he added.
The 33-year-old player said that the national team’s managerial staff, with the help of the EFA’s president Gamal Allam, provide the players with whatever needed for the success of the team.
Ghaly also spoke about Salah’s recent injury with AS Roma in the Roma-Lazio derby on Sunday and how big of a loss it is for the national team.
“Egypt will miss Salah’s services in both qualifying matches against Chad and I hope he recovers quickly,” he added.