History is not ruling out Zamalek yet, as it is up to...
- VIDEO: Hamoudi scores as Al Batin, Al-Qadisiyah share spoils
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
Lazio manager Pioli justifies tackle on Salah
Salah was injured during Roma’s derby against Lazio on Sunday as Lulic stamped on the striker’s ankle at the start of the second half.
“There were a lot of tackles and we were fierce sometimes and so were Roma,” Pioli said to Mediaset.
“Of course Lulic did not intend to injure Salah; he just wanted to get the ball as it was in a dangerous area of the pitch,” he explained.
Initial reports indicate that Salah is suffering from a strained ankle, however the extent of the injury has not been confirmed yet.
UPDATE (09/11/2015): AS Roma have announced that Salah will be out of action for 4-6 weeks with an ankle injury.