Here is the KingFut roundup of the results in the second matchday...
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- Baba Rahman out for the rest of the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- El Hadary: I’m happy with everything but I want more
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
- Hector Cuper: Our group is now more complicated
Saleh Gomaa leaves Al Ahly training with injury
Al Ahly midfielder Saleh Gomaa left the team’s training on Monday after picking up an injury in a collision with Ahmed Fathi.
Gomaa injured his knee after a collision with right back Ahmed Fathi in Al Ahly’s Monday training session.
The Red Castle’s doctor Khaled Mahmoud spoke to the press saying that Gomaa is set to undergo scans on Tuesday to determine the extent of his injury and the expected absence period.
Gomaa said that his injury wasn’t Fathi’s fault, and expressed his hopes of a quick recovery.
It is worth mentioning that Gomaa, 22, is part of the the Olympic national team set to play later this month in the Africa U-23 Cup of Nations in Senegal, in which the top three teams in the tournament will qualify for the 2016 Olympics in Rio De Janeiro.