Mohamed Sanad’s Club Balonmano Naturhouse La Rioja beat Macedonian HC Metalrug to qualify to champions...
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
EFA: Egyptian fans will return to stands in February
The Egyptian FA announced on Monday that football fans will return to the stands starting February 2016, which marks the start of the second round of the Egyptian Premier League.
Football matches in Egypt are currently held behind closed doors as fan attendance was banned in February 2012 after Port Said stadium disaster that left 72 Al Ahly fans dead.
The ban was lifted in February 2015 but immediately re-imposed after 19 Zamalek fans died at the Air Defense stadium stampede.
“The fans will return at the beginning of the second round of the Egyptian Premier League,”said Egyptian Football Association (EFA) manager Tharwat Swilam.
He said that the decision was approved after the acceptance of Egypt’s Prime Minister Sherif Ismail for the EFA’s request to allow the return of the fans to the stands.
The EFA board held a meeting with Minister of Youth and Sports Khaled Abdel-Aziz to consider the matter on Monday, Swilam said.
“The meeting with the minister was fruitful,” he said.
The EFA previously announced that 25,000 fans will be allowed to attend Egypt’s World Cup qualifier against Chad on November 17th at Borg Al-Arab Stadium.