Enugu Rangers chief executive Christian Chukwu admitted they respect their CAF Champions...
- We are not afraid of Zamalek, says Enugu Rangers chief
- Pioli answers: Will Salah be key man for Roma against Inter?
- HANDBALL: Ahly beats Zamalek in league encounter
- VIDEO: Hossam Paulo scores as Zamalek down Nasr Lel Ta’adeen
- Mido: Gent was special for me, English football suited me
- AS Roma to face Olympique Lyonnais in Europa League
- Smouha set date for Ulinzi Stars clash
- El-Hadary: I apologise to everyone at Wadi Degla
- Essam El-Hadary: I may leave Wadi Degla
- Former teammate talks about ‘scissors’ incident between Mido and Zlatan
EFA: Egyptian fans will return to stands in February
The Egyptian FA announced on Monday that football fans will return to the stands starting February 2016, which marks the start of the second round of the Egyptian Premier League.
Football matches in Egypt are currently held behind closed doors as fan attendance was banned in February 2012 after Port Said stadium disaster that left 72 Al Ahly fans dead.
The ban was lifted in February 2015 but immediately re-imposed after 19 Zamalek fans died at the Air Defense stadium stampede.
“The fans will return at the beginning of the second round of the Egyptian Premier League,”said Egyptian Football Association (EFA) manager Tharwat Swilam.
He said that the decision was approved after the acceptance of Egypt’s Prime Minister Sherif Ismail for the EFA’s request to allow the return of the fans to the stands.
The EFA board held a meeting with Minister of Youth and Sports Khaled Abdel-Aziz to consider the matter on Monday, Swilam said.
“The meeting with the minister was fruitful,” he said.
The EFA previously announced that 25,000 fans will be allowed to attend Egypt’s World Cup qualifier against Chad on November 17th at Borg Al-Arab Stadium.