Argentina and Barcelona legend Lionel Messi spoke about Egypt, his visit in...
- Lionel Messi speaks about Egypt’s greatness and pyramids
- Cameroon announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
Karim Hafez’s Omonia draw with league leaders
Egypt’s Karim Hafez played all 90 minutes and got booked as AC Omonia drew 2-2 with APOEL FC at home in the Nicosia derby in the Cypriot first division.
A second half goal from the spot saved Omonia from their third loss in the season and helped them clinch an important point from the league leaders.
The hosts started the game very well as Renato Margaca opened the scoring at the second minute. It was only 13 minutes later that the current top scorer Fernando Cavenaghi scored the equalizer for APOEL. The 30th minute saw Hafez’s yellow card.
Eight minutes into the second half, Cavenaghi scored his second goal of the game putting his team into the lead and scoring his 14th goal of the season. APOEL’s lead lasted until the 77th as Cillian Sheridan scored from the penalty spot and secured a point for Omonia.
The draw has kept APOEL on the top of the league table with 26 points, while Omonia managed to return to the fifth place with 16 points, after 10 rounds of the league.
The Egyptian youngster joined AC Omonia Nicosia of Cyprus in the 2015 summer transfer window on a season-long loan from Lierse SK.