Egyptian International Ahmed Hassan Koka featured as SC Braga secured a narrow...
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
Karim Hafez’s Omonia draw with league leaders
Egypt’s Karim Hafez played all 90 minutes and got booked as AC Omonia drew 2-2 with APOEL FC at home in the Nicosia derby in the Cypriot first division.
A second half goal from the spot saved Omonia from their third loss in the season and helped them clinch an important point from the league leaders.
The hosts started the game very well as Renato Margaca opened the scoring at the second minute. It was only 13 minutes later that the current top scorer Fernando Cavenaghi scored the equalizer for APOEL. The 30th minute saw Hafez’s yellow card.
Eight minutes into the second half, Cavenaghi scored his second goal of the game putting his team into the lead and scoring his 14th goal of the season. APOEL’s lead lasted until the 77th as Cillian Sheridan scored from the penalty spot and secured a point for Omonia.
The draw has kept APOEL on the top of the league table with 26 points, while Omonia managed to return to the fifth place with 16 points, after 10 rounds of the league.
The Egyptian youngster joined AC Omonia Nicosia of Cyprus in the 2015 summer transfer window on a season-long loan from Lierse SK.