Egypt international Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim Kahraba scored a brace as Al-Ittihad beat Al-Ettifaq...
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores brace as Ittihad thrash Ettifaq
- Wenger gives update on Elneny’s condition
- OFFICIAL: Gabon appoint Jose Camacho as new manager
- Mahmoud Fayez: Salah will be fit in time for AFCON
- SQUASH: Egyptian women take world’s top three spots for first time in history
- SQUASH: Egypt beat USA to reach WWTC semi-finals
- Ahmed Gafaar excluded from Zamalek’s squad against El-Dakhleya
- Salah out for three weeks with an ankle injury
- Wim De Coninck believes Trezeguet must return to Anderlecht
- Egypt features in list of referees for 2017 AFCON
Karim Hafez’s Omonia draw with league leaders
Egypt’s Karim Hafez played all 90 minutes and got booked as AC Omonia drew 2-2 with APOEL FC at home in the Nicosia derby in the Cypriot first division.
A second half goal from the spot saved Omonia from their third loss in the season and helped them clinch an important point from the league leaders.
The hosts started the game very well as Renato Margaca opened the scoring at the second minute. It was only 13 minutes later that the current top scorer Fernando Cavenaghi scored the equalizer for APOEL. The 30th minute saw Hafez’s yellow card.
Eight minutes into the second half, Cavenaghi scored his second goal of the game putting his team into the lead and scoring his 14th goal of the season. APOEL’s lead lasted until the 77th as Cillian Sheridan scored from the penalty spot and secured a point for Omonia.
The draw has kept APOEL on the top of the league table with 26 points, while Omonia managed to return to the fifth place with 16 points, after 10 rounds of the league.
The Egyptian youngster joined AC Omonia Nicosia of Cyprus in the 2015 summer transfer window on a season-long loan from Lierse SK.