Former Al Ain FC Croatian coach Zlatko Dalic revealed that he was honored...
- Zlatko Dalić reveals two reasons standing in his way from coaching Zamalek
- Al Ahly: Hefty fines awaiting players breaching media ban
- Al Masry train on Port Said Stadium for first time since 2012 massacre
- Adebayor: Egypt are getting closer to reaching World Cup
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
- EFA fines El-Maqassa, Al Masry following their league match
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
Karim Hafez’s Omonia draw with league leaders
Egypt’s Karim Hafez played all 90 minutes and got booked as AC Omonia drew 2-2 with APOEL FC at home in the Nicosia derby in the Cypriot first division.
A second half goal from the spot saved Omonia from their third loss in the season and helped them clinch an important point from the league leaders.
The hosts started the game very well as Renato Margaca opened the scoring at the second minute. It was only 13 minutes later that the current top scorer Fernando Cavenaghi scored the equalizer for APOEL. The 30th minute saw Hafez’s yellow card.
Eight minutes into the second half, Cavenaghi scored his second goal of the game putting his team into the lead and scoring his 14th goal of the season. APOEL’s lead lasted until the 77th as Cillian Sheridan scored from the penalty spot and secured a point for Omonia.
The draw has kept APOEL on the top of the league table with 26 points, while Omonia managed to return to the fifth place with 16 points, after 10 rounds of the league.
The Egyptian youngster joined AC Omonia Nicosia of Cyprus in the 2015 summer transfer window on a season-long loan from Lierse SK.